PDA

View Full Version : Credit cards and change of address?

Aian
July 10th, 2011, 06:30
'Sup. I tried a search but couldn't find anything specific about this. I am curious about using your home bank cards while in Japan. In my case, American debit and credit cards. Often one must provide their address to confirm their card, especially when ordering things online. Do people just keep their old home address attached to their account? Change it to the parents' address? I was just thinking about the online services I use like web hosting, Amazon S3, etc..., as well as online shopping.

I have cards and accounts with Wells Fargo, and USAA. I assume you can't just change your address to a Japanese one easily. Any tips? Thanks!

Tyr
July 10th, 2011, 06:51
When I lived abroad I just kept all my bank stuff registered at my parent's place.

word
July 10th, 2011, 11:59
You can change your USAA address to a Japanese address easily; I've done it. I would recommend having one card registered with your Japanese address, and one registered with a US address. This will allow you to order shit/pay for things that you can't technically buy/pay for if you don't live in the US.

Aian
July 11th, 2011, 16:24
Thanks for the tips.