PDA

View Full Version : Only a week and a half out...

dbridges
March 3rd, 2005, 23:20
and I am going insane! How am I supposed to wait until April? This is maddness. Anyone else having these issues?

Ini
March 3rd, 2005, 23:31
Anyone else having these issues?

Yeah, I mean you only joined this board 4 weeks ago and I already want to stab you in the neck, I don't know if I can wait until tokyo orientation

dbridges
March 4th, 2005, 00:33
Damn, it took me 4 weeks? I gotta go work on my gameplan...

Shotokai
March 4th, 2005, 06:57
look, stay away from places like this until you know. it is a long wait and it will drive you insane. it did to me. But keep busy and try not to think about it. every year the wait kills many souls and crushes hopes by breeding paranoia about an interview which lasted 10mins or so.

quasarsglow
March 4th, 2005, 07:01
I'm not having any trouble keeping myself distracted AND visiting here every day or so. I think it's just a matter of being realistic and knowing that the world's not gonna end if I'm not happily munching on yakisoba that I paid for in yen rather than made myself this time next year.

Of course, I've got midterms, grading, teaching, and interactivity projects to keep me busy when the lot of you over on the other side of the world are snoozing away. :lol:

Just relax. Life's gonna go on. Then again, I suppose it doesn't actually have to. :roll:

Romain
March 4th, 2005, 23:37
Hi everybody !
Some of my friends down there in France got a refusal letter this morning. I hope I will not receive this kind of letter in the next days....
minna ganbare !

Ini
March 4th, 2005, 23:47
Well if you are french what can I say?

er?so you cheese munching froggy surrender monkeys, what is your opinion?

dbridges
March 5th, 2005, 01:22
I'm pretty much staying away from any topics about Japan or the program on here...I'm just sticking around 'cause u are an entertaining bunch of sons of bitches...

quasarsglow
March 5th, 2005, 01:25
sons of bitches...

daughters too!! :D

dbridges
March 5th, 2005, 01:58
Oh yeah, can't forget the daughters of bitches...just doesn't have quite the same ring to it, though

Easy
March 5th, 2005, 04:39
and I am going insane! How am I supposed to wait until April? This is maddness. Anyone else having these issues?

You find out in April? This is where I feel superior and say, "Heh, I'm LEAVING in April suckers!" I have to pass my fourth year of university first though...

professor_chimpenstein
March 7th, 2005, 20:56
just do wot i did

post annoying questions about anything you can think of like asking people what their favourite type of crisps are.

that way you get to be on here but also not think about japan.

best of both worlds

dbridges
March 14th, 2005, 12:23
well at least I have March Madness now to keep my mind occupied...

Su
March 29th, 2005, 11:43
7more days...I don't know if I'm dreading it or looking forward to it..either way I'm counting my days and crossing my fingers!

Pandilex
March 29th, 2005, 13:26
Anyone else having these issues?

Yeah, I mean you only joined this board 4 weeks ago and I already want to stab you in the neck, I don't know if I can wait until tokyo orientation

Do existing JETs go to the tokyo orientation that new JETs go to?

dobharrison
March 29th, 2005, 14:27
Only one from each prefecture, I think. We could apply to be Tokyo Assistants, but the deadline has now passed.

bride-a-holic
March 29th, 2005, 15:06
Only one from each prefecture, I think. We could apply to be Tokyo Assistants, but the deadline has now passed.

2 from each prefecture. 2 in July and another 2 in August.

dbridges
March 29th, 2005, 15:12
I really hope Ini is at mine so I can see what a puss he really is...

Songs
March 31st, 2005, 03:19
I think I read somewhere in one of the forums that JET will only tell you if you are hired in April, but will not tell you where you are placed until June. Can anyone confirm this? :?:

dbridges
March 31st, 2005, 03:52
I'm not sure of the dates, but they release the short list in april and it is a month or two later that they nail down placements.