PDA

View Full Version : Buying Plants in Japan

jandek
July 20th, 2011, 15:43
I want to buy a Poplar Sapling real bad for personal reasons. I can't buy and ship to Japan from the U.S. because plant immigration laws say no.

What sites do you use to buy your rhododendrons and marigolds for your house in Japan? for those of you who like to garden and fancy yourself a greenthumb, what stores do you use to buy your seeds/plants/garden goods?

Gezora
July 20th, 2011, 16:29
word has a garden, maybe he knows.

word
July 20th, 2011, 22:23
Rakuten. The only time I had trouble finding anything locally was when I was looking to grow Halloween carving pumpkins and jalapeno peppers. I found seeds for both of these on Rakuten. My jalapenos are coming along nicely; as are the pumpkins. I'm growing three pumpkin vines, have four of 'em growing up at the school, and a neighbor/eikaiwa student is growing some more of 'em. I'm growing the jalapenos myself, as they shouldn't be handled without gloves and I don't want the kids to mess with 'em. If it can be legally grown in Japan, you can probably find seeds for it on Rakuten.

jandek
July 21st, 2011, 09:01
guys, thanks for the good tips. there were over 30 poplars on rakuten; now to find the right poplar for me.