PDA

View Full Version : Travel to prefecture after Tokyo Orientation

chiptooth
July 22nd, 2011, 07:11
Does anybody have details about travel arrangements from TO to their new homes yet?

I haven't, and just assumed that we'd find out at TO. However, today my pred asked me what time my train arrived so he could help arrange meeting me at the station. I had to shrug my shoulders and say I didn't know.

Is anyone else in this position? Any thoughts?

(FYI, I'm from the UK, flying with Group B, Fukushima Prefectural ALT)

UPGRAYEDD
July 22nd, 2011, 08:37
Your pred's supervisor should know.

lilyanphino
July 22nd, 2011, 09:01
I was sent a preliminary schedule by my prefecture's JET Association concerning transportation, etc. after TO and information about prefecture orientation.

Page
July 22nd, 2011, 09:32
At TO you'll have prefectural reps (usually a PA and ALT volunteer(s)?) who, aside from answering questions, will be your guides to the prefecture. From there your BOE will pick you (and anyone else with you up) and either take you home or take you to a mini ceremony thing where your supervisor will take you home. ESID but you'll find out at Tokyo. There's at least one prefectural meeting at TO. Don't worry about it, it's already set up for you, they just don't tell ya.

chiptooth
July 22nd, 2011, 16:45
Your pred's supervisor should know.

Yup, just got an email from them. That's the end of this storm in a teacup then. Thanks all for your help!