PDA

View Full Version : Getting decent anti-anxiety meds?

verascity
August 2nd, 2011, 14:50
I feel like I only ever post here about medication, but ah, so it goes.

So I'm starting my second year now, and having a great time overall, except that my health situation just absolutely sucks. I mean, my body is just rebelling against me, at this point.

When I came over, I already had Meniere's, which is alleviated by taking anti-anxiety medications (specifically, benzos) like Klonopin or Ativan. Now I'm having issues with my back, but when I took one of my Ativan, I realized that that also felt a lot better.

Here's the problem: I brought over a huge amount with me last year when I came, and now it's dangerously low. I've talked to doctors here about it, but none of them will give me something that actually *works*. Most of what I've been getting is just crappy sleeping pills that seem about as effective as Unisom.

Does anyone have any advice about this? Is there a specific name I should be trying to give them? I'd heard Klonopin was also called Landsen here, but no one knows what the hell that is when I say it.

Alternately, does anyone know of a safe and secure way to import more?

verascity
August 5th, 2011, 09:44
Well, as it turns out, I solved my own problem almost immediately after posting this, so if anyone is interested in the answer: It is indeed called Landsen here. Pharmacies don't typically have it ready to hand like other medications, and doctors are apparently really reluctant to prescribe it, but after I told my physical therapy doctor that it really was the *only* thing that seemed to be working for me, he gave me a prescription. So that was that!

Marvellous Magician
August 6th, 2011, 00:53
Ah good old Japan doctors, they will prescribe you anything if you just hound them enough

Gezora
August 10th, 2011, 02:15
Japanese medicine/medical research is a fucking joke.

jandek
August 13th, 2011, 12:11
gezora, you make baby Hideyo Noguchi cry.