PDA

View Full Version : gift for visiting my supervisors house

kawaiijutsu
August 9th, 2011, 13:54
My supervisor has asked me to dinner at his house with his family on Thursday night, then he wants me to stay the night before catching my shinkansen out of town on Friday. I want to bring a gift of some kind to show how appreciative I am of the invitation (especially for spending the night!), but I'm still not sure what a good Japanese gift is for something like this. Any ideas?

Page
August 9th, 2011, 14:04
sexy lingerie

Bring dessert, cake/pie/something you can all share after dinner (or tiny desserts they sell at bakeries/confectionaries) If you don't know how many people are in his family a whole cake would be the best bet. Too few would be rude and too many would be weird.

Alphabet
August 9th, 2011, 23:34
Yeah something edible is best. Go with a bottle of alcohol or cakes/cookies.

ten_of_spades
August 10th, 2011, 06:17
Can't really go wrong with a bottle of liquor and a nice dessert (unless his family is a bunch of teetotal diabetics).

kawaiijutsu
August 10th, 2011, 11:00
thanks :) theres a cake shop right near my apartment on the way home, so i think ill stop there and get some individual things. thanks a ton!

jandek
August 10th, 2011, 12:55
big, bulky things usually work well for omiyage, too. like shirts and lamps from your home town would be just right i think.