PDA

View Full Version : Interac Random Drug Testing

Otariman
August 17th, 2011, 18:56
So, I've been legally smoking medicinal marijuana for years, but I've since quit to move to Japan. I absolutely will not touch the stuff while in Japan, so that is no concern. However, Interac's guidelines state that I may receive a random drug test during my employment term.

Has anyone else (any other smoker) gone through Interac after quitting and been okay? I know the stuff isn't out of my system yet, and I don't know whether or not they'll actually test me, if they'll test as soon as orientation, etc. I do know that I will have a health check towards the end of orientation, and it will include a UA...

It seems like they'd lose A LOT of time, money, and contracts if they tested people after they arrived; so I am doubting it... Also, most forums seem to agree that dispatch companies don't test at all... Furthermore, it'd be a bit silly not to employ someone due to an "illegal" drug that has been legally and medicinally prescribed in their home state...

I don't need any of the "You're a druggie; don't come to Japan" comments... I'm not even close. I used medicinally, and I obviously love Japan enough to quit... So help and experiences would be much appreciated... Thanks in advance!

patjs
August 18th, 2011, 01:10
I don't know how interac works but I imagine that if the test was done in the US and you can prove it was medicinal you mayyyybe would be ok? I think in Japan you would be shit out of luck though.

mteacher80
August 18th, 2011, 04:41
yeah coz pot is outrageously expensive in japan and 9/10 its just shake anyway.

Tyr
August 20th, 2011, 21:50
Just stop now, it only takes a few days to get out of your system.

Eudox
August 20th, 2011, 23:01
Wikipedia: 2 to 7 days, up to >30 days after heavy use and/or in users with high body fat.

I have heard before (which I suppose was incorrect), that it could be detected up to 6 months after. At least from the wikipedia page it would appear that is only possible in heavy users and tests of hair (not blood or urine). I'm definitely not an expert though, just my two cents.