PDA

View Full Version : The default reply of "use Google"

Beer Baron
September 24th, 2011, 05:41
I've just been scanning down through the recent posts and I see a lot of replies to genuine questions telling the original poster to "use google" and that's it.

It really isn't very helpful. Everyone knows that using a search engine may return the answers to their questions. You really don't need to say that. If a person has went to the trouble of writing a post, I think it would be fair enough to give a genuine answer or at least a link to another site that contains the answer.

</rant>

greengoo
September 28th, 2011, 22:42
From now on, let's all use this instead:

Let me google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/6h9dmx4)

Beer Baron
September 29th, 2011, 01:46
:)

Alphabet
September 30th, 2011, 10:50
I've just been scanning down through the recent posts and I see a lot of replies to genuine questions telling the original poster to "use google" and that's it.

It really isn't very helpful. Everyone knows that using a search engine may return the answers to their questions. You really don't need to say that. If a person has went to the trouble of writing a post, I think it would be fair enough to give a genuine answer or at least a link to another site that contains the answer.

</rant>

Why? So many people come on here and don't even TRY to look for the answer. Dig around on google, dig around on here, then ask and tell me what you've come up with on your own so I know what parts I need to fill in and what you already know. It's a waste of time to type out a well written thoughtful reply only to hear "cool thanks" and then that's it. Nothing is FREE bb.