PDA

View Full Version : General failure

Antonath
September 25th, 2011, 08:28
By renaming the new AG as "general", you have managed to confuse the site software, because there's already a general category (containing VIP, Japanese study, etc). The new general is completely inaccessible, as everything links to the category instead.

greengoo
September 25th, 2011, 16:11
What captain fancy pants said.

uthinkimlost?
September 25th, 2011, 17:36
Both interpretations apply.

Beer Baron
September 25th, 2011, 19:59
Fixed the forum name issue. Havent fixed the general failure of the entire forum ... Work in progress.

Kitzkatz
September 26th, 2011, 01:07
Long time lurker, but I've been gone for a month or so. Came back to find the notice about the new rules; couldn't read them because I wasn't registered (thought I was, but okay); registered, but now I don't have permission to read AG so I can't read the rules anyway. Are those symptoms of General Failure, or am I restricted for another reason (that may or may not have been explained on another forum that I missed or cannot read)?

Beer Baron
September 26th, 2011, 07:02
Balls. This is because Anything Goes is now a VIP-only forum. I'll move that thread out so everyone can see it.

Update: New rules can be found at: http://www.ithinkimlost.com/lounge/17364-site-wide-rules-immediate-effect.html

Page
September 26th, 2011, 15:48
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgucpktBXO1qzg5vlo1_500.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Kitzkatz
September 27th, 2011, 01:17
I'm not allowed in the Lounge either. These are the categories and forums that I can see - logging in makes no difference:

General:
Japan / JET / School Related
Japanese Study

Professional/Employment:
Applying for JET
Non-JET Career / Education
After JET
Teaching & Lesson Plans

Site Related:
Site Discussion
Archive

Kitzkatz
September 27th, 2011, 02:17
And now The Lounge has appeared - ITIL's Room of Requirement?

Beer Baron
September 27th, 2011, 03:58
I'll check the settings, but it should be open to everyone and nothing changed in the 1 hour between your posts

Alphabet
October 1st, 2011, 06:47
i thought the thread title was going to be a reference to the state of the forum as a whole

yo seriously LOLs at this

deadking
October 1st, 2011, 10:11
I was wondering about this, because while I lurked before joining The Lounge was available to view, now it's inaccessible after I joined yesterday.

Beer Baron
October 1st, 2011, 23:33
I've had a look at this and there was a configuration problem that meant that if you were a new user with less than 10 posts you didn't see The Lounge.
This has now been changed so that new users can see the forum.

People who can't see the forum are: banned users, unregistered users, and those users who have registered but haven't confirmed their email address.