PDA

View Full Version : College Adjunct positions other then English

jwkelley
October 11th, 2011, 15:12
My sister is coming close to finishing up her PHD in film studies. When i was in Korea there were a lot of American and English professors teaching courses in different subjects in English. I was wondering if Japan does the same thing and hire foreign professors?

uthinkimlost?
October 11th, 2011, 15:58
My sister is coming close to finishing up her PHD in film studies. When i was in Korea there were a lot of American and English professors teaching courses in different subjects in English. I was wondering if Japan does the same thing and hire foreign professors?

Is she fluent in J-go? And has she made any films?

jwkelley
October 13th, 2011, 07:58
Is she fluent in J-go? And has she made any films?

She mostly does film studies not production and does not speak J-go. Though she does speak a little Gaelic. I knew in Korea they had english language only prof. who taught classes in English to attract international students. Was wondering if Japan had the same.

uthinkimlost?
October 13th, 2011, 08:19
She mostly does film studies not production and does not speak J-go. Though she does speak a little Gaelic. I knew in Korea they had english language only prof. who taught classes in English to attract international students. Was wondering if Japan had the same.

I've never seen a listing for any professors that did not speak SOME Japanese. (Enough to get by in an office setting.) I would imagine working in her field would be very difficult. She MIGHT be able to land a gig teaching English at a uni, but she would probably need to be in Japan, I rarely see sponsorship of a visa as part of the bundle.