PDA

View Full Version : Visa Acquisition Questions

RustyBlackleford
October 14th, 2011, 20:03
Hello. I'm new here, and I want to try to get to Japan by next year. I've applied to a few private schools. Interac didn't take me after the interview, but Borderlink might give me a chance.

In order to get a Visa, will I have to send my original Bachelor's Degree? I'm a bit afraid to do this, since I'm afraid that I might not get it back. Is there a way to take legal action, or get insurance for my degree?

Thanks for your help.

uthinkimlost?
October 14th, 2011, 20:30
Whut.

For JET you don't submit the original degree, just final official transcripts.

RustyBlackleford
October 14th, 2011, 20:33
I'm not applying for JET. I've applied for Borderlink. it looks like they want the original?

uthinkimlost?
October 14th, 2011, 20:35
I got that. Sounds fishy.

You can get new degree copies from your uni for cash, methinks.

RustyBlackleford
October 14th, 2011, 20:40
Gotcha. I've been reading a bit about Borderlink, and they seem a bit dodgy. I'm desperate to find employment in Japan though.

Lianwen
October 21st, 2011, 14:25
If you don`t want to try JET, you can do a program like Minerva too. My friend likes it well enough, and if she particularly hates where she is, she has an option to move to a different area after her contract expires.

RustyBlackleford
October 24th, 2011, 15:30
Thanks, Lianwen. I'll look into Minerva. I've tried Interac, still thinking about BorderLink but I have to act fast, and I'm still sending in apps to all of the schools that post online that I think that I can qualify for.