PDA

View Full Version : Diploma Due Date

amandargab
October 19th, 2011, 02:34
For graduating seniors, in practice, when are the copies of their diplomas typically picked up or required to be sent by in the US?

Merkypie
October 19th, 2011, 04:25
You need to have your diploma by July 1st of the departure year. So as long as you get it to your consulate by July 1st, you're good.

As stated on the official website (http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/JET/application_documents.html)

amandargab
October 20th, 2011, 02:35
Sorry, maybe I should restate my question; I'm not sure I was very clear. I realize that the officially-stated date is July 1st, but I have read some posts from previous years saying that the JETs just had to have a copy of their diplomas at the pre-departure orientation and other posts saying the copy had to be in the mail by June 25th. I'm wondering which, if any, of these situations applies to US JET applicants.

Merkypie
October 20th, 2011, 04:24
Well, in that case, if you're shortlisted then you'll receive instructions from your consulate detailing what they need in. ESID.

hunterofpeace
October 27th, 2011, 15:11
Not sure that it has to be a diploma, just degree confirmation. Should be able to get proof of that even if the diplomas haven't been given out yet. But don't quote me on that... maybe some of our senior members can back me up. Or shoot me down. Whichever.

Truthsauce
October 27th, 2011, 15:40
Not sure that it has to be a diploma, just degree confirmation. Should be able to get proof of that even if the diplomas haven't been given out yet. But don't quote me on that... maybe some of our senior members can back me up. Or shoot me down. Whichever.

We're rationing bullets. Austerity measures and all that.

Any proof of your graduating is acceptable. Some people won't get their actual diploma until 6 months after graduation. Anything from your registrar saying you graduated will be fine. I would not play fast and loose with the established deadlines though. There is a large waiting list every year.