PDA

View Full Version : MIT Japan Program Manager

mteacher80
November 3rd, 2011, 00:27
A good friend of mine that works at MIT forwarded this to me this morning.

Title: Program Manager, MIT Japan Program
Req Number: mit-00008201
Department: Center for International Studies
Location(s): Cambridge MA
FT/PT: Full Time
Employment / Payroll Category: SRS (Administrative)
Work Shift:
PROGRAM MANAGER, MIT JAPAN PROGRAM, Center for International Studies, to recruit, interview, and admit interns into the program; develop curricula to train interns in Japanese culture as preparation for placement with host institutions; plan and facilitate an annual retreat; organize cultural events for the MIT community; organize a summer language course as needed; and work with the program director on the organization of, and advertising for, a biennial meeting to be held in Japan or at MIT. Will maintain close contact with host institutions and make annual visits to ensure the quality of the internship arrangements and expand the pool of partners; plan, carry out, and ensure the best possible flow of information about MISTI (MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives) programs and events to MIT students, faculty, administrators, and the wider MIT community; stay in close contact with MISTI alumni, updating the host institution and student databases and organizing occasional alumni events; reach out to MIT professors and departments interested in the country or region; oversee an annual intern program budget and develop new sources of funding; and maintain the program website.

REQUIREMENTS: a B.A., M.A., or M.S.; a minimum of two years' professional experience with Japan; good cross-cultural communication skills including an excellent command of written and spoken English and Japanese; solid knowledge of Japan's corporate, higher education, and research systems; ability to work as part of a larger team and to prioritize tasks, schedule complex travel arrangements, schedule meetings, and manage multiple tasks under pressure; and skill using Microsoft Office applications. MIT-00008201

10/28/11

AliDimayev
November 4th, 2011, 21:50
A good friend of mine that works at MIT forwarded this to me this morning.

Title: Program Manager, MIT Japan Program
Req Number: mit-00008201
Department: Center for International Studies
Location(s): Cambridge MA
FT/PT: Full Time
Employment / Payroll Category: SRS (Administrative)
Work Shift:
PROGRAM MANAGER, MIT JAPAN PROGRAM, Center for International Studies, to recruit, interview, and admit interns into the program; develop curricula to train interns in Japanese culture as preparation for placement with host institutions; plan and facilitate an annual retreat; organize cultural events for the MIT community; organize a summer language course as needed; and work with the program director on the organization of, and advertising for, a biennial meeting to be held in Japan or at MIT. Will maintain close contact with host institutions and make annual visits to ensure the quality of the internship arrangements and expand the pool of partners; plan, carry out, and ensure the best possible flow of information about MISTI (MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives) programs and events to MIT students, faculty, administrators, and the wider MIT community; stay in close contact with MISTI alumni, updating the host institution and student databases and organizing occasional alumni events; reach out to MIT professors and departments interested in the country or region; oversee an annual intern program budget and develop new sources of funding; and maintain the program website.

REQUIREMENTS: a B.A., M.A., or M.S.; a minimum of two years' professional experience with Japan; good cross-cultural communication skills including an excellent command of written and spoken English and Japanese; solid knowledge of Japan's corporate, higher education, and research systems; ability to work as part of a larger team and to prioritize tasks, schedule complex travel arrangements, schedule meetings, and manage multiple tasks under pressure; and skill using Microsoft Office applications. MIT-00008201

10/28/11

Does they interested if I passed some of the actuary exams?

mteacher80
November 5th, 2011, 03:27
I dont know what that means....

AliDimayev
November 5th, 2011, 03:28
No, probably not. But thanks for keeping everyone on this posted as to jobs related to Japan.