PDA

View Full Version : Will submitting your recontracting form now..

CUPS
November 12th, 2011, 18:25
..mean that you get your reappointment confirmed sooner than if you wait til February?

MixedNuts
November 12th, 2011, 19:06
To my knowledge, no. Well, maybe they'll tell you by word of mouth, but official documents won't come early.

CUPS
November 14th, 2011, 10:27
Thanks! So official confirmation will be what, end-Feb time?

coop52
November 14th, 2011, 11:05
I think I've gotten mine around or shortly after Valentine's Day. I don't know why you're so worried; chances are, unless you're doing drugs/the students, you're going to be recontracted.

MixedNuts
November 14th, 2011, 13:15
The forms are officially due at the end of the first week in February. Depending on how formal your CO is, or how many JETs they have to deal with, or if you have upcoming meetings with them, it could take maybe 2-3 weeks. My CO gives us a form about 2-3 weeks after the deadline saying they "received" my paperwork, and in a couple more weeks they give us a form saying whether our request has been approved or denied. If you are in one of those situations where you have little contact with your CO and everything is done through your school/supervisor, then it might depend on how on the ball they are with communication and paperwork.

Page
November 14th, 2011, 18:53
Yeah, it depends on your CO. I hadn't turned mine at the time but I received an offer of extension in early January.