PDA

View Full Version : Driving stuff and that question about criminal records

Merkypie
November 19th, 2011, 06:18
Okay, so the official forms has this topic where this guy is talking about having three speeding tickets and wanting to know how to explain themselves on the app.

The application says not to consider speeding tickets (or minor traffic violations) as something to say yes for in regards to a criminal background. Now, that forum got me all messed up because they're basically saying to say Yes and explain yourself.

With all the jobs I've had that require a 10 year background check and FBI clearance (airlines) my two tickets from 6 years ago (seatbelt, red light) never were considered something to put down for a criminal record. So, I did the same thing on this application. Said no and moved on.

All traffic violations are misdemeanors so I already knew that.

tl;dr: Am I screwed over or what since I decided not to say Yes to that criminal question?

mteacher80
November 19th, 2011, 07:02
seat belt and red light...you are fine

vehicular manslaughter while driving under the influence would be something to mention...

mtreecorner
November 19th, 2011, 09:06
You are fine.... unless its more serious than a speeding or other moving violation.

In Virginia, speeding over 20 mph over the speed limit is considered a misdemeanor. So, I'd had to list that if I had it.

Merkypie
November 19th, 2011, 10:39
Ah, okay. I see now, guys :D Thanks for the clarification.