PDA

View Full Version : Early Placement?

heathers98
December 10th, 2011, 06:01
Does anyone know what is the timeline for those who apply for early placement? I know there is a timeline for those who want to go for September. But, if I read correctly the information on the USA site, I can't imagine a February interview date for someone who wants to go in April because that will be too late to apply for a visa (or cutting it close). I applied for an April placement (and I know this is the first time they are doing an April placementit) and was curious.

Thanks.

Merkypie
December 10th, 2011, 06:23
Interviews will be conducted in February. Difference is Early Departure people will find out in March if they're accepted into the program for that departure and leave in April.

uthinkimlost?
December 10th, 2011, 09:05
Visa takes two days.

Merkypie
December 10th, 2011, 13:44
I wonder why it takes companies like Interac 8 weeks to get a visa...

asilverthread
December 10th, 2011, 14:36
I vaguely remember reading that early departure may also mean leaving earlier than normal departure. In other words you may simply leave in May or June.

Merkypie
December 10th, 2011, 16:34
Which would suck cause you don't get the glitzy Orientation the April departure gets.

Gizmotech
December 10th, 2011, 18:34
I vaguely remember reading that early departure may also mean leaving earlier than normal departure. In other words you may simply leave in May or June.

What? Why would you leave earlier? There's no point. Either come with he rest of the jets or come at the start of the Japanese school year in April. Where did you hear this fact?

Teishou
December 11th, 2011, 01:24
If it wasn't everyone leaving earlier than normal departure at "EARLY departure", what would be the point of putting that option on the application?

Merkypie
December 11th, 2011, 03:30
What? Why would you leave earlier? There's no point. Either come with he rest of the jets or come at the start of the Japanese school year in April. Where did you hear this fact?

From the coordinators on the official forums and I think the US website.

asilverthread
December 11th, 2011, 05:18
The JET US Site states on the timeline page:

Individuals wishing to be considered for one of a very limited number of early placements (departing April-July 2012) will face a much more stringent application schedule. Please read the application instructions for more details.

pangleaa
January 29th, 2012, 15:52

ifference is Early Departure people will find out in March if they're accepted into the program for that departure and leave in April.

Merkypie
January 29th, 2012, 19:45
ifference is Early Departure people will find out in March if they're accepted into the program for that departure and leave in April.

Nice copy pasta there, botbro.

Takoyaki
January 30th, 2012, 11:52
hey just about the april departure, i read that your contract is for 12 months after your day of arival in japan. so i get that if you dont recontract you just go home in april the following year

what happens though if you do stay and extra year or 2???
do you end up just staying on JET for an extra 4 months compared to those who left with group A??

Takoyaki
January 30th, 2012, 14:40
It's been addressed before, but April arrivals signs a 12-month contract followed by a three-month contract. They're then on the same schedule as regular summer arrivals.

Ah thankyou Romulus, you wouldnt happen to know if the April departures have a somewhat similar orientation would you?

Takoyaki
January 30th, 2012, 14:56
Thanks again :)

Eudox
January 30th, 2012, 17:09
They have a similar, if much much much smaller and abbreviated, orientation.

Read: better.

uthinkimlost?
January 31st, 2012, 08:44
Read: better.

You didn't enjoy the odour of hundreds of sweating uni students in their dad's suit jacket?

Eudox
January 31st, 2012, 09:01
You didn't enjoy the odour of hundreds of sweating uni students in their dad's suit jacket?

It wasn't so much the odour as the circle jerk. My hand got tired pretty quickly.

uthinkimlost?
January 31st, 2012, 09:04
Lightweight.

Takoyaki
February 2nd, 2012, 08:58
It wasn't so much the odour as the circle jerk. My hand got tired pretty quickly.

Hope you didn't have to eat the soggy senbei =p

Page
February 2nd, 2012, 10:39

Probably because you're not guaranteed a school automatically? They have to find a school to "sell" you too before they can do the paperwork. Lots of competition these days.

Merkypie
February 3rd, 2012, 09:31
Probably because you're not guaranteed a school automatically? They have to find a school to "sell" you too before they can do the paperwork. Lots of competition these days.

Ah, makes sense.

Ini
February 3rd, 2012, 14:06
this town is holding the big dispatch competition next week. all the greasy little salespeople shuffle into the BOE, tell a pack of lies about their "support systems" and then the finance department just goes for the cheapest.

Gizmotech
February 3rd, 2012, 14:11
Ini, the cheapest one that hasn't f*cked them sideways before.

Ini
February 3rd, 2012, 14:15
nah, normally just the cheapest. the boe here doesn't give a shit about individual ALTs so if one cuts and runs early or gets fired they dont really care as long as the dispatch company has the infrastructure to get a fresh body into the school in under a week. So I should add the cheapest of the major companies. Occasionally some dirty indian will show up representing "punjabs number one english school" but if they only have 3 ALTs on their books the BOE isn't interested.

Gizmotech
February 3rd, 2012, 14:22
Really? I would figure a group that say turned over 4 in a year might be passed over for the contract given they can't chose good alts, regardless how many they have.

Ini
February 3rd, 2012, 14:25
I dont think they've had any that bad, worst I've heard is 3 a year and thats just put down to young irresponsible gaijin