PDA

View Full Version : an apology to the newbies

wicket
December 17th, 2011, 18:37
Hi all, haven't been around here for a while and have just discovered several requests for SoP help that I'm too late to do anything about.
Also, there were two or three of you who emailed me your SoPs and I wasn't able to get back to you. I'm very sorry and hope you got lots of help from other ITIL members.

As an explanation, but not an excuse, my stepdad was terminally ill in Melbourne and I have been going back and forth between there and our home on Queensland's Sunshine coast [a 2 hour flight for those not familiar with Australian geography]. He passed away last Sunday - probably a relief for him though still hard to take.

Sorry again and best of luck with your applications.

lemsip
December 17th, 2011, 22:33
Sorry to hear of your loss, Wicket. Hope you're OK. I was actually hoping to send you a PM about something, is there a message function on this site? Can't seem to see it.

Kewne
December 18th, 2011, 09:43
@ wicket; my condolences about your stepdad. It's great to hear that some people have relationships with their stepdad good enough to fly back and forth.

@ lemsip; Click on wicket's name next to her post. You'll be taken to a new page with a photo and some information. Below the photo is a small piece of text saying 'Send Message'. You should click that and choose 'Send a private message to wicket'

Silhouette
December 19th, 2011, 02:43
fk that man. priorities are priorities, no need to apologise.

Merkypie
December 19th, 2011, 05:59
yeah, you don't have to apologize. that definitely has more precedence over some sops. my condolences :(

wicket
December 19th, 2011, 20:06
wow, i really like this year's newbies.
thanks for your understanding.
and for the record, i'm a she, not a he.

Kewne
December 19th, 2011, 21:06
wow, i really like this year's newbies.
thanks for your understanding.
and for the record, i'm a she, not a he.

Sorry about that. :lol: Edited my his to her. Used to know a guy who everyone called 'Wicket' so wrote it automatically.

melty
December 19th, 2011, 21:17
Oooh wicket-chan! My condolences about your step-dad...I am really sorry to hear you've been having a bad time and I hope you're okay.

*massive hugs*

miss_doitsu
December 19th, 2011, 22:45
Sorry to hear that Wicket. Hope you're ok.

Paper Moon
December 20th, 2011, 00:15
I am sorry to hear about your stepdad. :(

Teishou
December 20th, 2011, 04:27
Sucks hard, Wicket. You've my condolences... Things will only improve from there...hopefully.

Ini
December 20th, 2011, 06:51
Things will only improve from there

considering how old her mother is I'd say the exact opposite is more likely

wicket
December 22nd, 2011, 06:54
aw, ini. i've missed you too. my mum is old but she takes care of her body, unlike certain people i could mention. i think your liver is about 3 times her age.

uthinkimlost?
December 22nd, 2011, 07:37
That's why he regularly harvests new livers from transients.

DarkCloudInc
December 22nd, 2011, 13:25
You have my sympathies.

bananallanah
December 22nd, 2011, 16:54
Sorry to hear, you have my condolences.
I was able to get some help from other JETs- you have no need to apologise!

Ainigi
January 1st, 2012, 09:05
fk that man. priorities are priorities, no need to apologise.

I 100% second that. No need to apologise.