PDA

View Full Version : Early arrival fail

Lychee
February 4th, 2012, 03:44
Sooo.. advice needed. I applied saying I was able to go early if needed and got my extra stuff sent in and whatnot, but I now have a couple of important weddings to attend this summer and I would really rather not miss them.

Think it's gonna hurt me to drop to just normal arrival date eligibility? And should I just bring it up when I get to the interview?

Merkypie
February 4th, 2012, 04:06
Fess up in the interview. Let them decide. There's not gonna be that many spots anyway.

Lychee
February 4th, 2012, 05:07
Yeah. Hoping it wont hurt my rep too much. I guess I got this far, as long as I can prove I'm not crazy I have a good shot.

greengoo
February 4th, 2012, 11:46
Your friends will probably be divorced within a year anyway. This job could last you three, or even five years. You do the math.

uthinkimlost?
February 4th, 2012, 18:29
I'm with gg. I would not tell them you can't go early. The last thing you need is to appear wishywashy, and people locked in a room like that can get pissy after a while.

The odds of them slotting you with the early departures is slim anyway, and, as gg said, most people married in their 20s won't be in their 30s.

Lychee
February 5th, 2012, 03:57
It's my dad :S

Takoyaki
February 5th, 2012, 21:35

ahahahaha this made me laugh :)

greengoo
February 5th, 2012, 22:29

Your dad's in his 20's??!?!"

uthinkimlost?
February 5th, 2012, 23:46
Lychee's dad is soo young that she had to get him a babysitter when she went to prom.

In all seriousness the Dad thing does change things, but I dunno about mentioning it. I would definitely give a big :/ to it.

Lychee
February 6th, 2012, 02:05
bahaha. My dad's 65 but just got engaged to be wed this summer ;)

Yeah... I think my game plan is if I warm up to the interviewers enough towards the end if they ask my preference I'll stress that I'd prefer summer placement but can adjust to whatever they need me for.. /shrug.