PDA

View Full Version : Interac or Working Holiday Visa and find job?

karumu
February 8th, 2012, 14:33
Hey all,

I did Jet for a year in Kochi, then went to teach in Taiwan for a year and now back in Australia. I've decided what I want to do longer term but to do so I need to do an online grad dip to add to my bachelor. So I thought perhaps I'd head back to Japan while studying.

As an Aussie I am eligible for a working holiday visa, so I thought I'd take one of those and either start off with Gaba until I find something better or just look for something better right away. I'm thinking just to head to Kansai region where I have some friends, and find some work there. I realise there are probably heaps of people doing this and it may not be easy so just wanted to get some thoughts.

The other option is interac, which would hopefully accept me due to my experience but then I may not get to go where I want to.

Thoughts?

DandeLion
February 9th, 2012, 08:33
Interac will of course accept you. It is like ...was it mothy?...who said 'rejected from interac? ha! you are just trying to get a rise out of me'

well someone said that. The point being, is that they don't reject many. But their Kansai placements are pretty limited. I would probably start with Gaba or ECC or what-have-you, get to Kansai and then if you want more money, apply to Interac ( if you already live in Kansai they don't make you move).

But you have lived here. You know the best advice to give anyone looking for a job is to just get here and then look for one. All those places on Gaijinpot are mostly for people who already reside in Japan.

wicket
February 9th, 2012, 20:46
get to osaka. get a copy of kansai time out. start applying. answer ads for private tutoring. you'll be raking it in in no time.

karumu
February 15th, 2012, 09:36
Thanks a lot for your replies guys, 2 out of 2 with the same advice as what I was thinking so will do that. cheers :)

Sorry for the late reply, been away.