PDA

View Full Version : Does Yahoo Auctions accept Rakuten Debit Cards?

lookupyourfaces
February 15th, 2012, 17:50
Apparently not, keep getting errors when trying to add it to Yahoo Wallet. Only just got my card in the mail yesterday, is there anything I need to do to activate it or should it work right off the bat?

3liter6
February 16th, 2012, 20:35
Apparently not, keep getting errors when trying to add it to Yahoo Wallet. Only just got my card in the mail yesterday, is there anything I need to do to activate it or should it work right off the bat?

Yeah, it should work. That is you can add it to your wallet. IIRC you CAN'T use it to become a premium member, but you can use your Rakuten bank account for that.

lookupyourfaces
February 20th, 2012, 17:29
Thanks for that, had to enter my name in katakana even though it's written in English on the card. Worked like a charm with a one off Yahoo Kantan payment but it won't work for Yahoo Wallet you say? By the way, I got the Gold Debit Card by mistake, you know if it's easy to downgrade to the silver?

cranguy
June 1st, 2012, 12:11
Anybody have any tips for signing up for the Premium service? I've tried the 4 American visa/mastercards I have but none of them were accepted. From what I've read on other forums, it's next to impossible to sign up for without a Japanese issued card. But I keep looking for a way.