PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Language Schools in Japan

OdysseyOfNoises
February 20th, 2012, 20:18
Hello people,

I'm a current JET, and I'm hoping to pass N2 at some point next year and I am currently saving money with the hope of doing some kind of intensive language study in Japan after I do two years on JET.

However, I don't really know where to start with the language schools here, or which ones are reputable. I'd ideally like to stay in Kansai (where I am now) or study in Tokyo or the surrounding area.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to which ones are decent? Any help much appreciated.

Page
February 28th, 2012, 09:34
It's probably going to be hard to find an actual long-term school that isn't associated with an university, but you can look for summer programs. You go and spend a month (during summer holidays or close to) with a host family while attending classes. I know there are some popular ones in Kyoto and Hokkaido but I honestly have no idea what they were called. CLAIR/your PA might be a good contact to ask. If you're N2 level be sure to check the level of the program, a lot of them can be aimed towards beginners.