PDA

View Full Version : Australians

Prospective
April 11th, 2012, 15:29
Got an email from the Melbourne consulate saying we should receive notification by post "early to mid next week".

Kill me.

Takoyaki
April 11th, 2012, 16:33
sigh...........

why cant we just get an email like the rest of the world >________>

ozgal
April 11th, 2012, 18:13
sigh...........

why cant we just get an email like the rest of the world >________>

I got an email notification from the Canberra embassy today - am shortlisted, yay! No mention of post, but maybe the Melbourne consulate/each consulate does it differently?

Takoyaki
April 11th, 2012, 18:22
Fuuuuuuuu now that just plain hurts

ozgal
April 11th, 2012, 18:33
You never know, don't give up!

Takoyaki
April 11th, 2012, 18:52
the email we were sent today stated we would not find out for another 5-6days, just a little frustrating since with a whole heap less effort than mailing the results they could have been included in that email v_v

wicket
April 11th, 2012, 20:53
c'mon, you've waited this long, another week is nothing.
i liked the melbourne consulate. they actually phoned me to tell me my placement, because it was my first choice and they knew i'd be thrilled.
fingers crossed for you guys!

Prospective
April 11th, 2012, 20:57
Can handle another week, but don't want to handle another week. Especially when other consulates in Australia have sent out results already =( I'll be gaman-ing, though. Hopefully there'll be something to wish me huge omedetous about next week.

Takoyaki
April 11th, 2012, 22:04
c'mon, you've waited this long, another week is nothing.
i liked the melbourne consulate. they actually phoned me to tell me my placement, because it was my first choice and they knew i'd be thrilled.
fingers crossed for you guys!

mmmmm yeah i guess your right, it is kinda nice that they go out of their way for us. its just facing another week of being asked 'so have you heard from the consulate yet' by my co-workers 10times a day that is doing my head in :P

papa
May 18th, 2012, 16:22
This site seems dead but I know my replacement is an Australian and a girl coming to Toyama. Any takers?

wicket
May 18th, 2012, 16:58
i'd be there in a heartbeat, but i know that the school i was placed at isn't even open any more. and the town i lived in doesn't exist any more. oh toyama, what have they done to you?

ozgal
May 18th, 2012, 19:53
This site seems dead but I know my replacement is an Australian and a girl coming to Toyama. Any takers?

I agree, not much activity from us potential noobs. Either we're all braindead (which might make sitting through mindless meetings easy) or too clever to know not to ask stupid questions on ITIL...?

I think most Aussies haven't heard about their placements yet, except for Perth, apparently. Supposed to find out before the end of May.

Though your sort of comment doesn't help the waiting :|

Prospective
May 19th, 2012, 00:07
Yeah, I think Official is where most people hang out now so there's far fewer newbies using ITIL than past years.

I'm still anxiously waiting for my placement info... going slightly crazy over it. But no point posting in here. I'd just be like an annoying kid, "are we there yet?" There's no new information and no pressing questions so lurker mode ftw.

Pity about dem gag orders... In the past it seems early contact was a bit more common than this year.

PS: We got an email from our consulate yesterday saying "we'll let you know soon by phone". At least we don't need to wait for the post for our results this time.

ozgal
May 22nd, 2012, 17:41
I got my placement today - Shimane prefecture. Not quite near where I requested, but oh well, can't really complain!! Unless it's the ass end of Japan? Time to start googling!

Prospective
May 22nd, 2012, 18:18
Shimane is pretty rural and a bit more remote than some other prefectures from what I know. But it IS on Honshu so you will still be able to spend some weekends in bigger cities. It's probably the kind of placement where you want a car, though. What did you request?

StreetsAhead
May 23rd, 2012, 11:52
More Australians in Shimane?

Pretty soon we're going to be fill to the brim with them!

ozgal
May 24th, 2012, 22:22
Pretty soon we're going to be fill to the brim with them!

I'm going to take that as a good thing, rather than the alternative :)

I was hoping to be placed somewhere more northern, with snow, as Aust doesnt have much of that.

But after a few days of pondering, I am quite happy with my placement. I did blabber on in my interview about how much I like the countryside. Plus it's not too far away from Ehime, where I have a lot of friends.

Of course, now I'm curious about finding out my specific placement in the prefecture. Do any ALTs get placed on Oki Islands? Or maybe I'll ask that in the Shimane thread.

StreetsAhead
May 25th, 2012, 08:05
I'm going to take that as a good thing, rather than the alternative :)

I was hoping to be placed somewhere more northern, with snow, as Aust doesnt have much of that.

But after a few days of pondering, I am quite happy with my placement. I did blabber on in my interview about how much I like the countryside. Plus it's not too far away from Ehime, where I have a lot of friends.

Of course, now I'm curious about finding out my specific placement in the prefecture. Do any ALTs get placed on Oki Islands? Or maybe I'll ask that in the Shimane thread.

PM'd you