PDA

View Full Version : Interac Japanese Bonus Test - How Difficult?

anonymoose
April 19th, 2012, 08:35
Interac offers a 5,000 yen monthly bonus to individuals who pass a telephone Japanese language test. I was wondering how difficult this is to pass. From what I've read it doesn't seem so difficult for someone like me who has studied two years to pass. Does anyone have any experiences?

I've found this site with a lot of good information: Conversation test and expected stresses Me+Japan=クレイジー (http://meredithjapan.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/conversation-test-and-expected-stresses/)

Just wanted to post to see if anyone has more information they can share.

akanemukade
April 19th, 2012, 21:10
When can you take this test? I've taken Japanese for two years as well and I could really use the raise in salary if I get in.

I'm not sure what kind of questions they'll ask, but I'm sure it will probably be geared towards who you are and where you're from, etc.

shbflyjin
April 20th, 2012, 00:00
Its pretty easy. The lady just asks you questions in Japanese that range from how long you have been in Japan, to what current events you are interested in. If you can hold a decent conversation in Japanese with a native speaker, without making them speak like Little Charo or repeating themselves a whole bunch of times, you should have no problem even if you can't answer every single question completely fluently.

anonymoose
April 27th, 2012, 10:56
Thank you very much shbflyjin! I'll do the test as soon as I am able. :)

akanemukade, I'm not sure when you're able to take the test. Maybe when you start sorting out the visa paperwork? I'll let you know if/when I find out.

neggo
May 9th, 2012, 17:31
When do you get to take the test? If you are hired, do you get to do the test when in Japan already? Anonymoose, have you taken the test already?

anonymoose
May 10th, 2012, 11:50
Sorry neggo. I still don't know. Haven't received an offer of employment yet (though I'm hopeful), so I don't want to start asking questions about how to get the bonus just yet.

shbflyjin
May 11th, 2012, 00:25
You take the test sometime between being offered employment and signing your contract. If you aren't in Japan already, probably after you arrive in Japan.