PDA

View Full Version : AEON interview lesson plan help?

AzuraRiverja
May 7th, 2012, 04:59
Hi there,

So I got invited to the group interview with AEON and, as I'm sure most of you know, I need to come up with a 30 minute lesson plan and present 5 minutes of it. I've never come up with a lesson plan before and had a hard time finding examples, so I'm kind of making this up as I go...anyways I wanted to run the activity I had planned by everyone and see if you guys thought it would be an appropriate activity for Beginning level English speakers?

I have two versions and am not sure which one to present. In my lesson plan the "harder" version is marked as optional if the class is doing well and there is extra time. Should I just leave it out entirely?

I will be making cards depicting olympic events and cards with action word prompts. The lesson is "Do" vs "Do not."

OLYMPIC SPORTS

Split the class into groups of 3 or 4 students and assigning each student an event card. Provide each group with a deck of action verb cards.
Ask students to take turns picking an action verb card and asking other group members the question associated with the card.

A (to B): “Do you run?”
B: “Yes, I do run.”
B (to C): “Do you swim?”
C: “No, I do not swim.”
C (to A): "Do you jump?"
A: "Yes, I do jump."

After a few minutes of this, have the students switch event cards and continue.

Optional Version

Have each student hide their assigned event card from the rest of the group.
When it is a student’s turn to ask “Do you…” they may guess the event that the student is hiding. If they guess wrong, they instead ask an action verb question.