PDA

View Full Version : Short-term Intensive Language Schools / Podcast

LampEye
June 7th, 2012, 08:26
Hello there,

I have a couple of questions that I hope people could answer.

First, I will be returning to Japan for work in November of this year, and I am looking for an ultra-intensive crash-course in Japanese. I passed the 1-kyu in December of 2000, and while I use Japanese quite often for work, I am hoping for something that will really run me ragged. Summarily, I am wondering if there is a two-week course that anyone could recommend.

The second part of my question: Are there any good Japanese language podcasts that either focus on high-level Japanese, or are simply news programs that have a specific subject for the entirety of the podcast session?

Thanks in advance.

Gizmotech
June 7th, 2012, 11:55
Hello there,

I have a couple of questions that I hope people could answer.

First, I will be returning to Japan for work in November of this year, and I am looking for an ultra-intensive crash-course in Japanese. I passed the 1-kyu in December of 2000, and while I use Japanese quite often for work, I am hoping for something that will really run me ragged. Summarily, I am wondering if there is a two-week course that anyone could recommend.

The second part of my question: Are there any good Japanese language podcasts that either focus on high-level Japanese, or are simply news programs that have a specific subject for the entirety of the podcast session?

Thanks in advance.

If you want to run yourself ragged, study for your 2-kyu Kanji Kankei. It will drastically increase your vocabulary, well above what JLPT 1 does, and put you in a better position for work.