PDA

View Full Version : Summer Intensive Language Course

Kuro2Flo
June 20th, 2012, 16:33
Saw an earlier thread about this made in Novemeber, but I didn't wanna hijack it.
Instead of sitting at my BOE for the month of August, I'm going to try to sell them on letting me do a 2 week program without taking nenkyu. Preferably somewhere in Kansai, but Tokyo would work as well.
I'm currently studying for 2-kyu, but probably won't pass, if my level is of any importance.
Input would be awesome thanks.

jerseywonder
June 21st, 2012, 11:23
Ha I was trying to get my school to do the same, but they don't seem to be buying my logic.

AJET has a list of summer courses; I was looking at the one in Aichi as someone recommended it to me:

Japanese Language Courses & Reviews | AJET (http://ajet.net/japanese-language-study/japanese-language-courses-reviews/)

Antonath
June 21st, 2012, 14:15
Study leave has been massively curtailed for teachers, and for most other government employees, if I recall correctly. One too many civil servants caught shopping, partying, etc, when they were supposed to be either studying at home, or on a course. Even if you do find a suitable course over the summer, they may not let you go unless you take it as nenkyuu.

Kuro2Flo
June 24th, 2012, 16:29
Study leave has been massively curtailed for teachers, and for most other government employees, if I recall correctly. One too many civil servants caught shopping, partying, etc, when they were supposed to be either studying at home, or on a course. Even if you do find a suitable course over the summer, they may not let you go unless you take it as nenkyuu.

I've got a pretty good relationship with my BOE and another girl in the next town over did it last year so I was hoping I could sell them on letting me get the extra days off for it. But at this point, I need a two week program that provides housing, starting after August 2nd for something around the N3 N2 level. It doesn't need to be a JLPT course though.

jwkelley
July 6th, 2012, 20:20
I knew a few people who did this one in Aichi ACJS Program Catalog: Short Intensive Language Acquisition Course (SILAC) (http://www.yamasa.org/acjs/english/programs/silac.html).

You could customize courses and it packed in a lot of classes for 2 weeks. There are also lots of choices for levels.

carolgreen186
August 10th, 2012, 09:37
It doesn't need to be a JLPT course though. and it packed in a lot of classes for 2 weeks