PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on going to Japan embassy in London for WHV

aerandir4
July 23rd, 2012, 19:45
Hey guys, inevitably I will have to shoot to London to hand in my forms for a Working Holiday Visa, like many of my colleagues in the UK. For those of you who have already done this I wanted to as a short question. Do you need to wear formal clothes (i.e. suit, tie etc...) while your at the embassy in London? I know the Japanese are very fussy about things like that and I want to avoid looking too casual. I was under the impression that it just takes maybe 20 minutes and consists of just handing all the forms in!?

I was kind of hoping it would be okay to go in casual clothing, as it would save me a lot of trouble wearing a suit and walking around in one all day.

Thanks....

Yarantoikenbai
July 23rd, 2012, 19:53
Last time I went to get my student visa, I was dressed smart-casually. I was also better dressed than EVERYONE else. Really don't worry about it! Totally fine to wear jeans and other casual clothes :)

aerandir4
July 23rd, 2012, 19:57
cool that's great to hear :D

rozzer
July 24th, 2012, 03:44
I went to the Irish embassy for my visa on Friday. You're basically just handing in the forms. I just handed them in through a window, and a guy looked through them. Told me to come back a week later.

Unlikely you'll be interviewed. I wore jeans and a t-shirt- thank god, it was roasting outside. You'll be fine in casual clothes.