PDA

View Full Version : Help with JET application.

onaJETplane
November 2nd, 2012, 11:20
Hi

So I started wanting to teach in Japan 3-4 years ago. I'm in my final year of uni as a result and beginning to apply for a JET alt and have some questions.

The personal statement is not on the online application correct? Do the two boxes in (Q29&34) require much prose? I wrote my PS and spliced them into these two sections before realising you had to write it separately! What do I put in these boxes then? I tailored my PS to my career direction based on Q29 and have about 400 words written about what I plan on doing and how JET will help me. The rest is 'about me' stuff. Do you need to list this in the hobbies Q34 ?

Do I need to get a letter from my GP if I'm in fine health? I put I was on 2 prescriptions for allergies and old acne treatment.

Can the 2 referee letters be from university. Also do we need to get them two do this 3 times in 3 signed letters?

Thank you!

Cytrix
November 2nd, 2012, 11:34
Do a search through this forum. You will find all your questions answered.

onaJETplane
November 2nd, 2012, 23:45
Thanks. Do I tell referees to just write a short ref about me and then sign it at the bottom with contact info? What should the front of the envelope say?

Also I've done a search but how much should you write on this question 'Proposed Direction of Current or Future Profession and Its Relationship to the JET Programme'

I've written about 400 words, but in the paper application there are only room enough for about 50 words. Should I chop it down into a list and put that other stuff into my PS?

Also on "Q34. Please list any extra-curricular/volunteer activities, interests/hobbies/sports. List dates of involvement in each activity, club or team.(Avoid acronyms and abbreviations.)"

How do we go about answering this question. It is again merely a list or a mini 'hobby section' of your PS?

Help would greatly be appreciated!

Hexi
November 3rd, 2012, 02:11
i'd chop it down a bit and add it to your PS.
and any hobbies you have that aren't linked to school or uni etc.

All of the information about the rest of the application is on the website. go to jet-uk.org/application and all the information that you need is there. read the FAQs as well there are usually answers to questions you have on there.

onaJETplane
November 3rd, 2012, 02:14
Ah yes how did I miss this page. This contains all the info many thanks!

Hexi
November 3rd, 2012, 02:59
how DID you miss it? it has all the vital information on for the PS. XD