PDA

View Full Version : When will I know my placement

Stephanie
November 10th, 2012, 11:10
I leave Spring 2013
Through the Interac program

penguins42
November 10th, 2012, 13:35
I'm also Spring 2013 so someone already there I'm sure would know more....but from what I've seen I'm expecting to hear in February at the earliest. It was mentioned in another thread that they haven't even asked the current ALTs if they're staying yet, so we've still got a while to wait...unfortunately! :)

mirrormirror
November 11th, 2012, 03:49
At the seminar the recruiter said they'd start getting our placements between December and February. They just started having us set up our Japanese resumes that they'll use to sell us for our placements (along with the videos) so they'll probably not be ready to start giving them out until December. I figure mid-late December at the earliest for those who get snatched up by the BOEs right away and mid-January for the rest of us.

Stephanie
November 11th, 2012, 04:02
At the seminar the recruiter said they'd start getting our placements between December and February. They just started having us set up our Japanese resumes that they'll use to sell us for our placements (along with the videos) so they'll probably not be ready to start giving them out until December. I figure mid-late December at the earliest for those who get snatched up by the BOEs right away and mid-January for the rest of us.

cool thanks

TAmember2003
November 11th, 2012, 11:03
Im also spring and cant wait to find out.

Now, just to make sure, you can turn down the first one if you dont like it, right?

Stephanie
November 11th, 2012, 11:12
Im also spring and cant wait to find out.

Now, just to make sure, you can turn down the first one if you dont like it, right?

i think so....but i wouldn't. you can change when you get there i think

akanemukade
November 11th, 2012, 22:12

TAmember2003
November 12th, 2012, 03:37
yeah.. I just hope I get placed CLOSE to what I asked for...
but thinking back, I dont think he even asked me where I could like to go, lol...

But i do think I said i would love to be somewhere north of tokyo... like tsuchiura and up.

akanemukade
November 12th, 2012, 07:19
Well, I requested Hokkaido when I first applied. My backups were Aomori and Akita, so I definitely wanted to be up north. Now I'm living in Kansai. It was the first option they gave me, but I decided to take it because Kansai is really the center of everything. Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Kobe... I don't regret it, even though I really really wanted Hokkaido, so my advice is to just be flexible and you might be surprised that you can be happy just about anywhere :)

You're going for the March intake though, so the chances of you getting the placement you wanted are greater I think! I came here in August, and when I asked them why I didn't get close to the placement I wanted, they said there weren't a lot of available positions up there at the time. It really depends on who is leaving and what's available.

TAmember2003
November 12th, 2012, 09:47
thats true!
You were there for a bulk of the heat right?
How was that... I now they say they humidity is horrible... I want to know what I should be expecting... I'm from Florida and I cant find anyone that was close to here or anything that can compare them... most people are from the north or west coast, lol.

akanemukade
November 12th, 2012, 21:05
Actually, I would say Osaka weather is a lot like Florida weather. It's hot and sweaty and humid in the summer, but you'll randomly get a thunderstorm in the afternoon. In the fall, it's gotten chilly, but not unbearable. I wear my winter coat some days and just a sweater other days.

Hokkaido is COLD so be prepared if you head up that way. Beautiful mild summers, arctic winters.

TAmember2003
November 12th, 2012, 23:16
^ thats what im hopin for!
I have lived all over the world and love the cold SO much more than the hot and humid summers. But its good to know that it's something that I am used too (comparable to florida... )I'm hoping I just placed just a little north of tokyo so it wont be as bad, lol (for summers)

stephiiStephii
November 13th, 2012, 00:00
I still can't wait to see snow for the first time next year!:kaos_chip_xmas2:

I was supposed to go in Jan initially but Tokyo asked me to consider switching to March, which I accepted. But another girl from my group in Jamaica said that they didn't give her an option, simply that she had to defer to March.. I'm wondering if that means that they have an idea of where I'll be placed. Can't wait to find out.

Konnichiwayuki
November 13th, 2012, 00:53
I can't wait to find out my placement either. Like someone said I prolly won't find out till February:kaos_kms_m-gus:. Oh well, I'm just super excited to have this opportunity. I requested central Japan and the Kansai region because I have a friend that lives in Kobe.

TAmember2003
November 13th, 2012, 01:08
That is soooo long away. Lol..
Its starting to build up in me, the excitement of moving over there and everything...

I really have heard nothing but good things..
well, I heard something bad, but it was from a very negative person and i wasn't surprised at his outcome, lol.