PDA

View Full Version : Have you turned in your application?

JJarmuth07
November 17th, 2012, 04:36
I'm almost done with mine and will hand deliver it to the embassy in DC but I am wondering what everyone elses status is - have you turned it in? If so when?

I know it's been repeated ad nausea that it does not matter when one turns in the application but is that really true. Specifically, will it be worse if I turn it in close to the deadline (i.e. next week)? Thanks!

I'm still waiting to get a rec letter, transcript, and other documents through snail mail. Grrr.

flamingpriest
November 17th, 2012, 05:52
Nnnnnope, I'm obviously going to only just about make it at the rate I'm going :D

armouredghost
November 17th, 2012, 07:13
Same thing is happening to me. One of my professors is taking their absolute sweet time writing my recommendation. I just hope they have something truly amazing to say about me.

onaJETplane
November 17th, 2012, 09:53
Got everything ready to go, but just need to finalize my personal statement.

CherryBerry
November 18th, 2012, 05:10
I sent mine in thursday. I had the same problem that Armouredghost had. One of my recommenders spend over a month writing my ref letter. I was getting really worried about being able to get my application in on time.

bwhat87
November 18th, 2012, 05:15
I sent mine in yesterday Priority Certified mail from Southern California. It SHOULD get there in time, but, given the magnitude of the contents, I'm still a touch nervous. The thing that held me back was the dang expected graduation date confirmation. My advisor wouldn't give me a confirmation until I had applied to graduate, and I couldn't do that till Nov. 6 then he only got it done yesterday after much badgering on my part. Ah well, all's well that ends well I suppose, I just hope I get an interview out of it -_-

CherryBerry
November 18th, 2012, 05:28
I sent mine in yesterday Priority Certified mail from Southern California. It SHOULD get there in time, but, given the magnitude of the contents, I'm still a touch nervous.

Just out of curiosity, how much did Priority Certified mail cost you? I sent mine UPS 2nd day air and it was $26.88. (mine should be there monday morning but I'm dying of anticipation.)

LittleBlueDragonfly
November 19th, 2012, 02:32
Sending mine in first thing tomorrow.... just have to scan some stuff tonight to get it ready. :)

bwhat87
November 19th, 2012, 03:14
Just out of curiosity, how much did Priority Certified mail cost you? I sent mine UPS 2nd day air and it was $26.88. (mine should be there monday morning but I'm dying of anticipation.)

$9.15. I use Stamps.com at work and shipped it from there (benefits of working in a small company and being the shipping department :P ) and the eta was 2 business days, so it should get there Monday or Tuesday.

seinaruyoru
November 19th, 2012, 03:42
I just sent mine off this morning. I have mixed feelings. I kept wanting to check it over and over again and make sure everything is right. Sending it off was nerve-wracking.

Eternal Melody
November 19th, 2012, 05:59
I'm almost done with mine and will hand deliver it to the embassy in DC but I am wondering what everyone elses status is - have you turned it in? If so when?

I know it's been repeated ad nausea that it does not matter when one turns in the application but is that really true.

You are so lucky that you live close by to DC. :)
I mailed out mines about a week ago on my birthday, and have the same nauseated feeling.

I had problems with the printed application cutting off a lot of my responses (I saw on the official JET forum that Miami coordinator said it was ok to send in "as is" with responses cut off from the previous years, but didn't want to take the chance so I hand wrote in all the cut- off responses. It was a little frustrating having to do so x 3).

Anyone else experienced the same thing?

It's nice to meet you all and good luck to everyone!

:kaos_kms_u-v:

Lianwen
November 19th, 2012, 19:37
(I saw on the official JET forum that Miami coordinator said it was ok to send in "as is" with responses cut off from the previous years, but didn't want to take the chance so I hand wrote in all the cut- off responses. It was a little frustrating having to do so x 3).

...why didn't you just do it once and photo copy it?

IDK, but since you've already done it, I personally wouldn't have even bothered at all. My application had chunks cut off. I'm pretty sure they use the triplicate (at least in the US) for the interview panel so that everyone can have a copy of your application.

mothy
November 19th, 2012, 20:25
I'm almost done with mine and will hand deliver it to the embassy in DC

Not knowing how to use the post office doesn't impress anybody.

JJarmuth07
November 20th, 2012, 00:17
Not knowing how to use the post office doesn't impress anybody.

Or I work right by the embassy and would rather not pay $ and not know if it arrives on time. U mad?

Maninguenice
November 20th, 2012, 00:37
Everything's taken care of from my end, now it's just up to the vagaries of the USPS. I'm applying from Mozambique, which has been a nightmare. My friend who's collecting documents for me at home is just waiting on a rec letter (carried across the Atlantic on Wednesday, and mailed on Thursday by another friend... ironically from DC). As soon as it makes it to Boston, he'll hopefully be able to turn it around right away and overnight it all right back to DC. Waiting on pins and needles, because if he doesn't get it today... things start to look pretty hairy.

CherryBerry
November 20th, 2012, 01:03
You are so lucky that you live close by to DC. :)
I mailed out mines about a week ago on my birthday, and have the same nauseated feeling.

My app arrived at 10am today and I'm starting to get that same feeling. -.- Yay for being anxious about it. ^.^

Stoke
November 20th, 2012, 10:42
Finished and mailed it off this morning. Now as long as the USPS holds up thier end of the bargain all should be well. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about it anymore unless I get an interview.

LittleBlueDragonfly
November 20th, 2012, 10:53
Mine's in transit and will arrive in Ottawa in a couple of days. Feels like a huge weight is off my shoulders... yay!

armouredghost
November 20th, 2012, 15:03
Mine is gone yay!!! everyone good luck!!!!

Maninguenice
November 21st, 2012, 01:00
Man, looks like I'm kind of screwed. The second letter of recommendation was mailed about a week ago but seems to be lost. What do you guys think is the lesser of two evils:

1) Having my supervisor fax a copy of the reference directly to consulate. I got permission to do this in the past with my physician's form, but haven't been able to get through to the consulate today.
or...
2) Having a Japanese friend who I collaborated on some development projects and who has seen me teach write me a new one? I know they say no friends, but one could make the case that he's as much colleague as friend...

So, a possible disqualification or a weak second recommendation? Looks like I've got about five hours to decide before the cut off to overnight it...

stanmarsh
November 21st, 2012, 02:42
Man, looks like I'm kind of screwed. The second letter of recommendation was mailed about a week ago but seems to be lost. What do you guys think is the lesser of two evils:

1) Having my supervisor fax a copy of the reference directly to consulate. I got permission to do this in the past with my physician's form, but haven't been able to get through to the consulate today.
or...
2) Having a Japanese friend who I collaborated on some development projects and who has seen me teach write me a new one? I know they say no friends, but one could make the case that he's as much colleague as friend...

So, a possible disqualification or a weak second recommendation? Looks like I've got about five hours to decide before the cut off to overnight it...

Geez, that's rough. I'd have your supervisor go ahead and just fax them a copy. I'd rather risk it than have a weak reference-- I fell like no matter how great the letter from your friend makes you look, it's still no bueno. I'm assuming that, because you got permission in the past, this would be OK too.

stanmarsh
November 21st, 2012, 02:45
Just checked FedEx....my application was delivered and signed for :D Fracking expensive to overnight, but worth it I guess!

armouredghost
November 21st, 2012, 04:41
-_- My tracking says my package is sitting in a shipping facility. What happened to guaranteed before 12pm. :(

Eternal Melody
November 21st, 2012, 05:41
...why didn't you just do it once and photo copy it?

IDK, but since you've already done it, I personally wouldn't have even bothered at all. My application had chunks cut off. I'm pretty sure they use the triplicate (at least in the US) for the interview panel so that everyone can have a copy of your application.

I thought about what you mentioned, but I had already printed the 3 copies of the application. I saw on the other forum that they do use the electronic copy, but did it that way for my own piece of mind.

I was going to re-print the cut-off portions and tape it to the individual post-its. In the end, I just hand wrote each one as it was cleaner and faster.

...I know, I tend to make things harder than it really is lol.

Eternal Melody
November 21st, 2012, 05:44
By the way, any of you applied for early departure?

Eternal Melody
November 21st, 2012, 05:47
I just sent mine off this morning. I have mixed feelings. I kept wanting to check it over and over again and make sure everything is right. Sending it off was nerve-wracking.

That is so true! I still felt so uneasy after looking at it a dozen times.

Cytrix
November 21st, 2012, 08:49
Don't worry. You'll look back at your application and go 'OH GOD' so many times. I found a glaring error in my SOP but I was still accepted. There is no such thing as a perfect application

armouredghost
November 21st, 2012, 09:02
My package arrived today at 2:19pm YAY

By the way, any of you applied for early departure?

I applied Early Departure. :P Are you competition? LOL JK

Yeah I had a break down in the post office because I was not convinced that the address I had written or the one on the mailing instructions were correct. The postlady was so patient with me though. As well as the ten people behind me in line. >_< Also it was closing time.

Stoke
November 21st, 2012, 11:04
Don't worry. You'll look back at your application and go 'OH GOD' so many times. I found a glaring error in my SOP but I was still accepted. There is no such thing as a perfect application

This is why I'm just not going to look over the application again. There's nothing I can do about it now so there's no sense in worrying mysel about it. If I get an interview I may refresh myself but not until then.

HopefulHarry
November 21st, 2012, 12:10
Hey guys. I'm new here. I mailed my application express yesterday and it arrived at about 9:30 this morning. A huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Well, sort of :|

LittleBlueDragonfly
November 21st, 2012, 12:11
With the Canadian application this year, we had to scan and upload a bunch of stuff too. One of those things included the release form. I printed out my documents, signed the form, and forgot to scan it before sealing the envelope. I had a mini freak out before I realized I could just print a new one and sign it again. lol

Also, tracking info says my application was successfully delivered around noon today. Awesome! :D

Eternal Melody
November 21st, 2012, 15:33

Thank you for your encouragement Cytrix. Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone. :)

Eternal Melody
November 21st, 2012, 15:45
My package arrived today at 2:19pm YAY

I applied Early Departure. :P Are you competition? LOL JK

Yeah I had a break down in the post office because I was not convinced that the address I had written or the one on the mailing instructions were correct. The postlady was so patient with me though. As well as the ten people behind me in line. >_< Also it was closing time.

Hi armouredghost, I'm glad to hear you got everything all sorted out with the post office.

...Actually, yes, I am your competition, j/k ;). :kaos_chirol_bey2:
Did FBI return your background check yet?

Eternal Melody
November 21st, 2012, 16:01
With the Canadian application this year, we had to scan and upload a bunch of stuff too. One of those things included the release form. I printed out my documents, signed the form, and forgot to scan it before sealing the envelope. I had a mini freak out before I realized I could just print a new one and sign it again. lol

Also, tracking info says my application was successfully delivered around noon today. Awesome! :D

It sounds like the Canadian version has more steps than the US one.
Time to sit back and enjoy the Holidays!

Maninguenice
November 21st, 2012, 19:14
Thanks for the opinion Stanmarsh. That's what I ended up doing, and it looks like it was the right choice because a couple hours after sending it off I finally got through to the Boston consulate. They couldn't 100% guarantee me that it would be ok to fax, but said that it probably should be fine, as long as I follow it up with an original before they start reviewing in January. Fingers crossed!

armouredghost
November 22nd, 2012, 03:06
Hi armouredghost, I'm glad to hear you got everything all sorted out with the post office.

...Actually, yes, I am your competition, j/k ;). :kaos_chirol_bey2:
Did FBI return your background check yet?

No I haven't gotten mine because I sent it out so late. Hoping it comes back by the other deadline. what about you?

stanmarsh
November 22nd, 2012, 03:38
Thanks for the opinion Stanmarsh. That's what I ended up doing, and it looks like it was the right choice because a couple hours after sending it off I finally got through to the Boston consulate. They couldn't 100% guarantee me that it would be ok to fax, but said that it probably should be fine, as long as I follow it up with an original before they start reviewing in January. Fingers crossed!

Nice! Glad you got through to them, and I'm sure everything will be fine! They probably just don't want a rabidly angry potential JET coming to them whilst foaming at the mouth because they had absolutely promised them something that didn't work out. But really-- don't stress! My fingers are crossed for you too...good luck!

JJarmuth07
November 22nd, 2012, 06:53
In a cab now on the way to the embassy. Nothing like waiting to the last minute to drop it off!

Paper Moon
November 22nd, 2012, 12:48
Mine was delived safely! Mission complete. Now to wait for months to hear the grueling results. I must love being rejected because I procrastinated so badly with this application even though I had already been rejected last year.

But I think my application is MUCH stronger this year.

My only concern is that one of my reference letters felt a little scant. I know he wrote me a kick-ass reference because I was his teaching assistant for two semesters and I took 5 classes with him, but I think he forgot to make copies...

Maninguenice
November 24th, 2012, 03:32
Well, looks like the game's up for me this year. "Overnight" delivery "guaranteed" by November 21st at noon my ass... it just got there today (23). Who would of thought that after nearly four months of jumping through logistical hoops to organize everything from Mozambique via a spotty tethered cell phone connection it would be the USPS that screwed me? Well, at least my app is mostly done for next year...

saralovesspace
November 24th, 2012, 05:22
Mine made it in on Tuesday. I have never been happier to receive a USPS confirmation.

HopefulHarry
November 24th, 2012, 09:00
Well, looks like the game's up for me this year. "Overnight" delivery "guaranteed" by November 21st at noon my ass... it just got there today (23). Who would of thought that after nearly four months of jumping through logistical hoops to organize everything from Mozambique via a spotty tethered cell phone connection it would be the USPS that screwed me? Well, at least my app is mostly done for next year...

Maybe you could call your nearest Japanese consulate and see if there's anything that could be done. I mean, if you paid for overnight delivery and it didn't arrive the next day maybe they're willing to let it go if documentation is provided or something.

It just sucks tot think that all that work is going to waste because of the post office...

JJarmuth07
November 24th, 2012, 09:08
That's why I dropped mine off at the embassy.

Being the naturally curious person I am, as I dropped mine in (it wouldn't fit into the box bc the mailing envelope I had was so big, so I had to stand it up) the box and saw the last person to turn theirs in had the most terrible chicken scratch I have ever seen. wrote in blue ink.

Anyway, speaking of that, for those who did turn it in to the embassy, what did you put on the envelope? I just put the Embassy's address, Attn: Jet Program office, but I FORGOT to put my return address. Hope I'm not f'd.

AshesTree
November 24th, 2012, 09:53
I haven't be able to bring myself to check my tracking confirmation. I sent it express and it was supposed to be there by 10:30 am on 21. I went with UPS and they seem pretty reliable as they got me my letter of rec that I was waiting on. My person forgot to mail it, but luckily sent it overnight.

Eternal Melody
November 24th, 2012, 10:13
No I haven't gotten mine because I sent it out so late. Hoping it comes back by the other deadline. what about you?

Oh, no, its only been about exactly a month since it's been delivered. When I called FBI, the automated phone recording said that they can't tell you anything if its only been 4 weeks. The current timeline of 6-8 weeks is still in effect.

Paper Moon
November 24th, 2012, 10:16

On the Official JET Forums someone said that if the package gets to the embassy late and it's the shipping company's/USPS's fault and you have proof that it was guranteed before the deadline, then they might not disqualify your application.

I don't know how reliable this information is, but it couldn't hurt to call the embassy on Monday and ask.

I hope it works. I am cheering for you! I think you have to have one of the best "trying-to-get-my-JET-application-together" stories!

I'd love to do the Peace Corps one day. :)

Eternal Melody
November 24th, 2012, 10:23
Maybe you could call your nearest Japanese consulate and see if there's anything that could be done. I mean, if you paid for overnight delivery and it didn't arrive the next day maybe they're willing to let it go if documentation is provided or something.

It just sucks tot think that all that work is going to waste because of the post office...

Maninguenice, I remember reading one of the posts (can't remember if it's on here or on the official forum) that as long as you can provide reference, they can't blame it on you since it's not your fault. You definitely shouldn't give up now after all your hard work. If I am not mistaken, the DC Embassy has the final say on this. It's not over until they give you the final word, keep on pushing. :)

hunterofpeace
November 24th, 2012, 10:49
Maninguenice, I hope everything works out.

JJ, you kinda come off as a tool.

JJarmuth07
November 24th, 2012, 12:42
Thanks hunter. But since you didn't offer a response to my initial question, I don't care for your opinion whatsoever.

Maninguenice
November 24th, 2012, 13:11
On the Official JET Forums someone said that if the package gets to the embassy late and it's the shipping company's/USPS's fault and you have proof that it was guranteed before the deadline, then they might not disqualify your application.

I don't know how reliable this information is, but it couldn't hurt to call the embassy on Monday and ask.

I hope it works. I am cheering for you! I think you have to have one of the best "trying-to-get-my-JET-application-together" stories!

I'd love to do the Peace Corps one day. :)

Thanks for the support guys. Any chance anyone has a link to that discussion? I've emailed the Boston consulate (calling is difficult from here, but I can probably arrange for a friend to call on my behalf). Do you guys think I should start emailing/calling the DC embassy directly, or continue working through the Boston consulate where my situation is already known?

As for the Peace Corps, do it! It's an great organization and an incredible experience. Just try to end your service before your applications are due!

Eternal Melody
November 24th, 2012, 13:40
Thanks for the support guys. Any chance anyone has a link to that discussion? I've emailed the Boston consulate (calling is difficult from here, but I can probably arrange for a friend to call on my behalf). Do you guys think I should start emailing/calling the DC embassy directly, or continue working through the Boston consulate where my situation is already known?

This was from last year-- refer to Miami Coordinator's #4 response (http://www.jetprogramme.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10368) (in the middle of the page).

mothy
November 24th, 2012, 17:14
Or I work right by the embassy and would rather not pay $ and not know if it arrives on time. U mad?

In a cab now on the way to the embassy. Nothing like waiting to the last minute to drop it off!

Yep. Looks like you saved yourself money and trouble with that one, genius.

Paper Moon
November 25th, 2012, 12:22

As for the Peace Corps, do it! It's an great organization and an incredible experience. Just try to end your service before your applications are due!

I would make certain that you contact the DC embassy directly. You can continue working with the Boston consulate too, but DC handles all the applications, so it will be important to make sure that they know your situation.

I'd call (or have a friend call) one or both consulates to figure out what you need to do to prove that your application was sent on time and that the postal system made the mistake.

You could also try messaging the Miami_coordinator on the official forums.

Haha, I will make certain to learn from your experience if I ever join the Peace Corps! I'd like to do it after graduate school. :)

hunterofpeace
November 25th, 2012, 20:20
Thanks hunter. But since you didn't offer a response to my initial question, I don't care for your opinion whatsoever.

:'(

But... but... my feeeelings

Edit: Also, just so you aren't confused... my main reason for calling you a tool had nothing to do with your original post. It was because someone was in the Peace Corps and had serious concerns about his/her app being disqualified because of an outside force and your response was essentially implying "Why, that could have been avoided by simply taking it to the consulate. Like me! I waited until the last possible moment and still made it while your four months of planning were ruined by the postal service. Maybe next time, you too will think to drop it by the consulate. Oh and while I was there, I spied on someone else's application and boy did they do a lousy job. What a lout. Let's enjoy a chuckle at his expense. Blue pen. Of all the things... tee hee."

Teishou
November 25th, 2012, 21:39
I think I liked Hunter's retelling of that the best.

abbajen
November 26th, 2012, 06:52
That retelling was fabulous, and made me notice the small details - like how he had really harped on someone using blue ink. I was completely unaware that there was something wrong with addressing envelopes in blue ink. Strangely enough, when I applied the first time, I wrote in blue ink and was accepted.

Stoke
November 26th, 2012, 07:31
That retelling was fabulous, and made me notice the small details - like how he had really harped on someone using blue ink. I was completely unaware that there was something wrong with addressing envelopes in blue ink. Strangely enough, when I applied the first time, I wrote in blue ink and was accepted.

They just wanted to get you into the country so they could murder you in your sleep. That's how serious an offense it is to apply to to the Glorious JET Program with a blue pen. Filthy animal.

Wasabi
November 26th, 2012, 08:23
I was stressing about my packet getting there on time as well, and thankfully it did. I'm not that confident in my application, but just applying has been a very liberating experience. Good luck Maninguenice, I hope the DC consulate will be understanding of your situation.

SPR_255
November 26th, 2012, 14:26
New to this forum, but have been on the official JET one for a long while.

I sent out my application about 3 days after the window opened using USPS overnight shipping w/confirmation upon delivery. I was a bit paranoid about it getting lost in the mail and figured the quicker it got there, the less risk there would be. Just waiting on my SASE to arrive.

JJarmuth07
November 27th, 2012, 00:26
Sorry for the confusion, all. The only reason I mentioned the previous applicant was his handwriting was absolutely terrible - like a child's but worse. The reason I mentioned that is I am not sure how strict they will view that. Probably nothing but you know how everyone nit picks.

Stoke
November 27th, 2012, 12:48
So what's the timeline for getting the confirmation card back? Are they usually pretty quick about it?

SPR_255
November 27th, 2012, 13:43
I'm actually a bit confused about that. My application was received and signed for via USPS on October 25th, yet I haven't received my SASE yet, whereas I know of a few applicants who sent their apps just two weeks ago and have already received theirs.

It may have something to do with the printing error on early JET applications. Before they corrected the glitch, the JET ID number wasn't printed in the top right-hand corner of the PDF file like it should have been, so anyone who sent in their app really early like I did has that info missing.

Luckily JET sent out an e-mail to everyone on the mailing list mentioning that the glitch would not negatively impact those who already sent their application out before it was corrected.

So, either the applications are not "Processed in the order they are received" like the JET website says, or my SASE has been delayed due to my ID number not appearing on the application. At the very least, I know it arrived thanks to confirmation/signature upon delivery.

Maninguenice
November 27th, 2012, 17:27
Heard back from the DC embassy, with my tracking number, my application won't be considered late!! So relieved right now...

lilyanphino
November 27th, 2012, 17:37
Thank goodness! I'm glad that worked out.

hunterofpeace
November 27th, 2012, 20:35
Awesome! Glad it all came together.

TheFantasticAsh
November 28th, 2012, 00:59
Just thought I'd get involved! - My app is pretty much together right now, but just waiting for my pesky doctor to sign the statement. Hopefully I get that back before the Friday so everything can go in before that.

stanmarsh
November 28th, 2012, 02:40
Heard back from the DC embassy, with my tracking number, my application won't be considered late!! So relieved right now...

That's great news! I'm really happy for you :) It sounds like you went through a ton of crap to get your application in, and I'm glad it didn't go to waste!

flamingpriest
November 28th, 2012, 07:05
My pack's ready to be posted tomorrow. So glad it's over.

YEAH!

Paper Moon
November 28th, 2012, 10:24

Hooray! :kaos_cactus_panh: I am so happy that it worked out for you!

I hope that others (perhaps lurkers) who are in a similar situation will also be able to make certain that their applications are not considered late!

Good luck to you TheFantasticAsh and FlamingPriest, I hope that you're able to get everything in on time!

Paper Moon
November 28th, 2012, 10:47
Double post...

TheFantasticAsh
November 28th, 2012, 22:34
Thanks Paper!

Finally got my Physician's letter back! So I'm practically all ready, besides my grammar-loving flatmate checking my SoP

(If any Ex-Jet's/Current ones wouldn't mind taking a look it'd be helpful, too? Though since I'm new I'm not expecting someone to jump at the chance.)

But yes, I'm really excited and hopeful - I've worked hard and hope when I send it off Friday everything is good.

HopefulHarry
November 29th, 2012, 00:56

So happy to hear everything worked out! Now we wait...

Eternal Melody
December 1st, 2012, 06:06

That's wonderful. :kaos_chirol_krackr:
I hear a big sigh of relief.

Eternal Melody
December 1st, 2012, 06:13
I'm actually a bit confused about that. My application was received and signed for via USPS on October 25th, yet I haven't received my SASE yet, whereas I know of a few applicants who sent their apps just two weeks ago and have already received theirs.

So, either the applications are not "Processed in the order they are received" like the JET website says, or my SASE has been delayed due to my ID number not appearing on the application. At the very least, I know it arrived thanks to confirmation/signature upon delivery.

Indeed another mystery. Don't worry about it (as long as you wrote down your application ID number) since you have confirmation from the postal service that it's been delivered. :)

mothy
December 2nd, 2012, 00:24
Hooray! :kaos_cactus_panh: I

That's wonderful. :kaos_chirol_krackr:

Am I on a porn forum or a forum for 12 year olds?

I hate it when I get those two confused.

TheFantasticAsh
December 2nd, 2012, 12:58
Am I on a porn forum or a forum for 12 year olds?

I hate it when I get those two confused.

Marry me.

Eevee
December 3rd, 2012, 17:06
New Zealander here - I sent my application off on November the 30th. Best of luck, everyone!

bwhat87
December 4th, 2012, 16:20
Just got my card in today, they got my app in time and it's been processed. Was a little worries cuz I messed up on the certified mail and didn't get the signature form, so I had no way to track it. I sent it priority mail a week in advance so I was pretty darn sure it'd get there in time, but still, nice to have the confirmation card. Now I just gotta wait to see if I get the interview -_-

SPR_255
December 11th, 2012, 04:31
Finally! Just picked up the mail and my SASE has arrived!

Application arrived: 10/26/12
SASE received: 12/10/12

Maninguenice
December 20th, 2012, 00:03
Do we get a physical card in the mail, or an email confirmation? Has pretty much everyone else gotten theirs? Should I start knocking down doors and reminding the embassy that they claimed the application wouldn't be considered late with my "guaranteed on time" tracking number? I finally got home yesterday and man is it wonderful to be back in the USA with real internet and phones!

Eternal Melody
December 20th, 2012, 03:25
Hey Maninguenice, I received my self-addressed stamped envelope with a half sheet of paper thanking me for applying along with my application number hand written in.

As long as you wrote down the name of the person you spoke with at the Embassy, I don't think you should worry too much.