PDA

View Full Version : VBulletin software upgrade

Beer Baron
December 14th, 2012, 16:31
Hi all,

We (word and me) will use this thread to post updates regarding the forum software upgrade that some of you were kind enough to donate to.

14 Dec - The software has been purchased, registered, downloaded and installed onto a test area of the site. We're currently looking at what features are new, what's changed and just finding out way around the new system. We now need to look at customisations and migration of data from the current site. If you want to have a look around the test site, go to http://test.ithinkimlost.com (http://test.ithinkimlost.com) and register. There is currently no shared information between the old and new forums.

Gizmotech
December 14th, 2012, 16:38
I have a question BB. You mentioned the DB size was pretty massive. Does the DB currently store all the user contributed media, or is that sitting on the disk drive separately?

Beer Baron
December 14th, 2012, 16:58
Stop asking hard questions! No seriously, I don't know off hand what vbulletin stores in the database without hoking through it. Avatars and user uploaded images are stored as files from what I remember.
The DB size is currently 805mb - that's _only_ the forum contents.

Gizmotech
December 18th, 2012, 10:11
Sooo.... Does the new vbulletin support custom information fields for the profile? IE a good field to add would be a job type.

Applying JET
Shortlisted JET
Alternate JET
ES/JHS JET
SHS JET

Might sound silly but it would clarify a bit when people talk about work. What do you think?

Gizmotech
December 18th, 2012, 12:21
Are there ALTs that are JHS or ES only? I didn't realize those existed!
I guess that also means the rare SHS/JHS alts too.... (There's one in my prefecture for some reason).

I think SEAs are a myth told to ALTs to make us feel like we don't have the most pointless job in the world, just second most :P

Ini
December 18th, 2012, 12:28
what about preschool?
eikaiwa school?
office lady?
why must you try and pigeonhole everyone gizmo?? wont you let me live?!?!?!?!?!?

Gizmotech
December 18th, 2012, 12:39
Ini, we're talking about jobs, not where you release your sexual frustrations.

Gizmotech
December 18th, 2012, 20:03
It would be self identifying wouldn't it? Choose the best answer? I don't think it would be as bad as the SDC hate.

Beer Baron
December 21st, 2012, 22:23
I've updated the test forum (Forums - ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum (http://test.ithinkimlost.com)) to Beta 22

Ini
January 9th, 2013, 15:03
hows this update going then?

Beer Baron
January 9th, 2013, 16:36
The database migration isn't going very well. Still working on it.

Beer Baron
January 15th, 2013, 23:56
Attempted to do a vbulletin upgrade from 3.8.2 to 3.8.7PL3 in prep for the big version 5 upgrade. It failed quite spectacularly. I've now restored a backup of the 3.8.2 database and the site files.

Let me know if you see any issues.

Gizmotech
January 21st, 2013, 14:40
Hey BB some quick qs
how's it goin?
how badly mangled is the db at the moment?
does it upgrade to 4 at all? (ie can you do it in progressive steps) or... is that how you're supposed to get to 5 anyways?
did the license purchase come w/ any support other than the forums? IE can you toss the extracted DB at them and ask them to poke it/run some type of integrity re-builder on it?

Beer Baron
January 21st, 2013, 16:20
Hey,

It won't even upgrade to the last 3.8.x release - that's how bad it is.
For installation, they charge more. I'll try the upgrade again sometime this week - depending on when I can get a few minutes away from work.
It was probably a forum mod we have on here that screwed things up. Unfortunately it didn't make it very clear what the issue was - things just didn't work.
Instead of wrecking the live site, next time I'll try with a copy of the database.

Scrotty
January 21st, 2013, 18:05
It was probably a forum mod we have on here that screwed things up.
not me

Beer Baron
January 21st, 2013, 18:24
* mod = modification :)

mothy
January 21st, 2013, 22:13
Let's blame Scrotum anyway.

Beer Baron
January 22nd, 2013, 23:05
Quick update: I think I've found the modification that caused the upgrade problems. VBSEO is a search engine optimisation script. During the upgrade of the test system, I disabled it before starting. The test forum upgraded from 3.8.2 to the last in the 3.8.x upgrade path (3.8.7 PL3).

Things are looking better - I haven't checked everything but the fact threads were actually loading this time rather than a blank thread looks good.

So I don't trash the live site, this upgrade is still on a test copy of the site. If my tests this week go ok, I'll update the live site to 3.8.7 PL3 this weekend.

The next step after everyone is happy that the site isn't broke is to upgrade to 5.0.0.

EDIT: Scratch that. I threw 5.0 on the top of the test migration and it seems to have worked without any further issues. Please try it out at http://test.ithinkimlost.com and let me know what you think.

Ini
January 23rd, 2013, 08:39
one would assume since the migration all threads are showing up as unread so the first new post on every thread is post #1

Gizmotech
January 23rd, 2013, 08:48
Before doing a migration, can we try a theme/template migration? Those two boxes on the right side are bloody annoying.

Edit: User accounts transferred, but private messages did not.

Wow. It's amazingly slow compared to the current site. I wonder if that has to do w/ my proxy server at work... anyone not going through a proxy, how fast does the new site feel?

Lianwen
January 23rd, 2013, 08:58
Carry on.

I just forgot my password.

Antonath
January 23rd, 2013, 09:00
Before doing a migration, can we try a theme/template migration? Those two boxes on the right side are bloody annoying.
Especially as one of them is trying to load a video, which brings up a huge "OMG NAUGHTY FILTERED BLARG" warning thanks to my BOE's filter.

Add in the loss of the logo, colour scheme, even the tiny logo in the address bar... Don't want to lose the site's identity in the rush to upgrade.

Also: "liking" posts (didn't we try that before and it was fail?) and commenting on a post as a "sub-post" instead of a new post in the thread. That's not going to get confusing / abused at all...

Lianwen
January 23rd, 2013, 09:13
I'm finding it difficult to get to the last page/most recent post on the threads. I seem to have to go through a few steps to do so.

Would it be possible to bring over the old theme and then introduce new things slowly, such as tagging? It'd probably take a bunch of time though on your end, BB, so I don't know how feasible it is.

Gizmotech
January 23rd, 2013, 09:21
Notifications appear persistent and don't go away unless you "delete" them.

IE: the thread I'm screwing around in, it's notifying me of my own shit, AND even after I've gone to look at it the notification is still there. Kinda frustrating, especially given the amount of shit we write daily.

I wonder if this means I'll have to disable the notifications for pretty much everything and rather just click the subscriptions link.

can we see each others subscribed threads right now? I don't think so right?

Also, signatures were off by default.

Gizmotech
January 23rd, 2013, 09:36
Somehow I have a way to click on something from my notifications which brings me into a "thread" view of my main post and all of it's comments. I cannot do this from the actual thread the original post is in, but I can do it somehow from my notifications section.

weird.

Gizmotech
January 23rd, 2013, 09:49
There's a lack of hierarchical navigation buttons in the thread displays. Is this a limitation of the new version of the forum, or is this a limitation of the theme?

IE: When I am in a thread, I see no quick way back to the forum I was in. OR when I am in a specific post (which is treated like a thread as well, now that I've identified how to manually navigate to them) I have no ability to go back to the parent thread.

I wonder if VB 4 is any better than this 5.... it really doesn't feel like a good forum to be honest.

Antonath
January 23rd, 2013, 10:01
There's links at the top left of the page to take you to the homepage, the lounge, etc, but they're not laid out like standard breadcrumbs (with > between each to make the levels clear, for example).

I agree with Giz: this really doesn't feel like a good match for ITIL. I can see what they're aiming for, but they've taken things too far past a simple internet forum. If we can switch off some of the features like comments, it might be better.

Comments would actually solve a lot of the issues with things like Rants / Woots getting to tens of thousands of pages, as discussion of a rant could happen in the comments. But I think we're probably all too set in our ways to use it properly.

Ugh, the more I think about it, the more useful comments would be, but...

Gizmotech
January 23rd, 2013, 10:08
The comments could be useful, but not the way they are currently enabled in the software.

Only displaying three at a time, or all, not having a convenient quoting system (unless you're looking at each one as it's own thread), it'll just lead to the comment hell that is the current facebook system which is kinda gross.

word
January 25th, 2013, 11:27
So, I figured out how to disable the comments, but for some reason, the quoting system seems to be screwy--it only shows the "quote" button on the very first post of the thread. I'm not sure why this is; gonna hafta look into it. It does seem that we have quite a few options regarding the features in question, so please don't hesitate to let us know what you hate.

Beer Baron
January 25th, 2013, 22:49

Edit: User accounts transferred, but private messages did not.

Wow. It's amazingly slow compared to the current site. I wonder if that has to do w/ my proxy server at work... anyone not going through a proxy, how fast does the new site feel?

The theme is the default vb5 one. Yea we can customise it, but I just haven't had the time.

Private messages have transferred for me. I did have to go into the inbox, then out, then click on it again for it to load. Maybe it migrates the messages the first time you load it.

Speed wise, the site seems fine for me.

I'm finding it difficult to get to the last page/most recent post on the threads. I seem to have to go through a few steps to do so.

Would it be possible to bring over the old theme and then introduce new things slowly, such as tagging? It'd probably take a bunch of time though on your end, BB, so I don't know how feasible it is.

Yea, there does appear to be a missing jump to latest post icon/link within the forum. The forum list page is ok though.

We cannot use the old template at all. VB5 is completely different to 3 and everything needs redone.

As for features in a staged fashion im sure we can do something like that - word has already said theres a way to enable/disable stuff but again I haven't looked due to time.

Especially as one of them is trying to load a video, which brings up a huge "OMG NAUGHTY FILTERED BLARG" warning thanks to my BOE's filter.

Add in the loss of the logo, colour scheme, even the tiny logo in the address bar... Don't want to lose the site's identity in the rush to upgrade.

Also: "liking" posts (didn't we try that before and it was fail?) and commenting on a post as a "sub-post" instead of a new post in the thread. That's not going to get confusing / abused at all...

Yea that video is a default thing. I tried to take it off but the site admin pages wouldnt let me remove stuff. VB5 isn't released as a final version yet - it's still in BETA and I hope this will get fixed.

Liking posts is on by default and I dunno if it can be disabled - something to check.

Commenting - as above.

Notifications appear persistent and don't go away unless you "delete" them.

IE: the thread I'm screwing around in, it's notifying me of my own shit, AND even after I've gone to look at it the notification is still there. Kinda frustrating, especially given the amount of shit we write daily.

I wonder if this means I'll have to disable the notifications for pretty much everything and rather just click the subscriptions link.

can we see each others subscribed threads right now? I don't think so right?

Also, signatures were off by default.

Notifications - I could only see email notifications. Where are you seeing this other persistent notifications?

Again, I'm showing my lack of knowledge of vb5 here, but are you saying other people can see your list of subscribed threads, or that they should be able to? Either way, I don't like the idea of that. I hope it's not on by default or theres a way to disable it.

As someone said, vb5 isn't really appearing to be what we need. I'm not convinced either - mainly due to the amount of stuff that would need customised to make people happy.

I'm not ruling it out completely at the moment as it's not the gold/final release.

I'd like to hear what more people think.

Gizmotech
January 25th, 2013, 23:14
The theme is the default vb5 one. Yea we can customise it, but I just haven't had the time.

Private messages have transferred for me. I did have to go into the inbox, then out, then click on it again for it to load. Maybe it migrates the messages the first time you load it.

Speed wise, the site seems fine for me.

Must be the case, they are there for me to now... weird glitch.

Speed appears much better at home than at work. I suspect it's a proxy problem at work and a complaint I could find online about vb5 being rather stupidly ajax heavy for some reason.

Yea, there does appear to be a missing jump to latest post icon/link within the forum. The forum list page is ok though.

We cannot use the old template at all. VB5 is completely different to 3 and everything needs redone.

As for features in a staged fashion im sure we can do something like that - word has already said theres a way to enable/disable stuff but again I haven't looked due to time.

The navigation features are really rather important I think. Template not that important.

It'd be interesting to know what features can and cannot be turned off

Yea that video is a default thing. I tried to take it off but the site admin pages wouldnt let me remove stuff. VB5 isn't released as a final version yet - it's still in BETA and I hope this will get fixed.

Liking posts is on by default and I dunno if it can be disabled - something to check.

Commenting - as above.

Liking i have no problem with, comments are better disabled.

Notifications - I could only see email notifications. Where are you seeing this other persistent notifications?

Again, I'm showing my lack of knowledge of vb5 here, but are you saying other people can see your list of subscribed threads, or that they should be able to? Either way, I don't like the idea of that. I hope it's not on by default or theres a way to disable it.

Post in the thread we are playing around with and watch your notifications/messages increase.

As someone said, vb5 isn't really appearing to be what we need. I'm not convinced either - mainly due to the amount of stuff that would need customised to make people happy.

I'm not ruling it out completely at the moment as it's not the gold/final release.

I'd like to hear what more people think.

How about doing a VB 4 upgrade on another test subdomain and lets see if that's a more viable option?

Beer Baron
January 25th, 2013, 23:54
How about doing a VB 4 upgrade on another test subdomain and lets see if that's a more viable option?

I'll see what I can do :)

word
January 26th, 2013, 22:10
After fighting with vb5 for a bit, the vb4 idea is looking more attractive. It may be that vb5, in its current beta form, is just not ready to roll just yet. There seem to be a great many odd bugs popping up as we try to change things.

Beer Baron
January 26th, 2013, 22:19
Agreed - I'll get a vb4 test site set up shortly

Beer Baron
January 27th, 2013, 05:15
vb4 test site is now available at http://vb4.ithinkimlost.com/forum.php

If the url does not work for you, it is likely your DNS server is not yet updated with the new vb4 subdomain. Try again in a few hours.

Let me know what you think.

Personally, I think it's a better match for us, but I've only spent a few minutes checking it out.

Cheers

Ini
January 28th, 2013, 08:24
very "japanistan"

looks ok, if people dont like the comments/likes/fancy rubbish then might as well go with that.

Gizmotech
January 28th, 2013, 09:36
very "japanistan"

looks ok, if people dont like the comments/likes/fancy rubbish then might as well go with that.

Very Japanistan, but that can be changed. That looks like the base standard vb theme w/ the itil header.

Yeah, I'm very uncomfortable with the theme on a visceral level–What are our options there? Can we give users the option of different themes?–but the functionality fits us better.

Lots of opportunity to change the visual.

This seriously loads about 5 times quicker for me at work than the other site does. The new VB is too Facebook like in its queries, constantly bugging the server for more information.

The default theme also works better in my iPhone than our current site does. Not as nice as the VB5 version, but far better than our current forum (without using an app).

@BB, I'm assuming vBulletin has said they are continuing to support VB4 for a while eh? I mean its license was included in your vb 5 purchase, and from what I'm reading around the web quite a few people are very dissatisfied w/ VB5 (even on their own forums).

word
January 28th, 2013, 13:19
I'm working on the look; I briefly f*cked around with it on Sunday before I got drunk and started playing Minecraft, but didn't manage to change much aside from the site logo and the favicon. I'll try to get some more done today, but I've got eikaiwa tonight so I can't promise too much.

Beer Baron
January 28th, 2013, 22:23
From what I can tell, vbulletin have not announced product end of life for 4.2.0 yet. I suspect that they will run both in parallel for quite some time as they are practically different products.

In any case, the vb4 stuff is later and more secure code than any 3.x branch, so it is still an improvement over what we are currently running.

We just need to work on the customisation and look for any bugs/issues. I'd like a few more people trying their best to break it.

Many thanks to word for taking on the customization role!
If you are interested in becoming a mod on the test site to have a muck about with, let me know and I'll upgrade your account.

mothy
January 28th, 2013, 22:54
very "japanistan"

So perfect in every way then.

zombiekelly
February 5th, 2013, 16:58
If you don't mind a newb's opinion, the vb4 test is a lot nicer on the eyes than the vb5. Though I kept clicking on that "what's new button" instead of the forum one by accident.

zombiekelly
February 5th, 2013, 16:58

Beer Baron
February 6th, 2013, 03:53
Cheers for that. Yea I think the general opinion is vb4 is better.

Antonath
February 6th, 2013, 08:48
Will the upgrade solve the double-posting problem, incidentally?

Gizmotech
February 6th, 2013, 08:49
I doubt it. That's usually a session connection issue where the browser re-sends the information because it didn't get a confirmation back in time. Same reason it happens on many forums, not just this one.

word
February 6th, 2013, 11:03
Actually, there is a setting that will change the amount of time within which the forum will allow a second post, and increasing it can help prevent the double-posting phenomenon. I bumped it up a little on the test forum (maybe it was the vb5 forum, though; I might hafta check it again on vb4), but I don't wanna make it too long, of course.

Beer Baron
February 7th, 2013, 05:25
Word, you ok with me going ahead with the upgrade on the live site this weekend?

word
February 7th, 2013, 08:58
Sure! I'll see if I can't force myself to sit down and work on the look a little more...

Beer Baron
February 11th, 2013, 08:38
ok, the site has been upgraded to 4.2.0.

Some things are outstanding:
- ITIL logo needs put on
- Ads need to be put back on
- Awards currently disabled
- All site plugins currently disabled (as they are for 3.x)
- URLs are not the same as before (we used vbseo before, but again, that's not compatible with 4.x unless we pay them $150. We're not going to do that.)

word
February 11th, 2013, 12:24
This is may just be my preference, but I'd really like to see something additional themes, preferably with slightly darker backgrounds. The new looks is fine with me, but white hurts my eyes (and drains my battery). Thanks for the hard work, BB and word!Gonna work on the look today; I definitely agree that it's a bit too "bright" or something.

lilyanphino
February 11th, 2013, 12:27
The version I am seeing on my phone looks good so far, but I agree that different colors would be better. I'll check out how the site looks on my computer when I actually can get home.

Japanna
February 11th, 2013, 14:31
Woah. Asthetics might need a little tweaking, I'm with the general consensus on the colour scheme...

Japanna
February 11th, 2013, 14:40
Not to critique without contribution (of money or labor), but are the "Re: Thread Title" headings on each and every post necessary? Seems a bit redundant. Overall I like the upgrade functionality-wise. Thank you to those who contributed and are still working on the site!

word
February 11th, 2013, 21:29
Gonna be workin' on the look; you'll notice various things changing. Absolutely do not hesitate to nit-pick here; let us know what you like and don't like, what works and what doesn't. If you hate the look of something but dunno how to describe it, take a screen shot and point it out in Paint or something. I don't actually have complete access to everything just yet, so I haven't been able to change many of the image files, but I'll see about gettin' BB to upload some stuff. If you have any suggestions on the icon front, please feel free to offer 'em! In particular, some forum icons for the various sub-forums could use some ITIL-esque customization... Any ideas? What would represent "The Lounge" in a 48x48 pixel format?

word
February 11th, 2013, 21:32
But please be patient with us! I promise, we're workin' on it!

Beer Baron
February 12th, 2013, 00:26
Good work on the colours, word :) I like it.

I'll get the logo changed so it's hosted on the domain.

Update: Tapatalk for vbulletin 4 has now been installed. If you don't know, this is a native iphone/ipad/android forum viewer and can be downloaded from the appropriate apple/android app store.

Update2: Awards are re-enabled!

zombiekelly
February 12th, 2013, 08:16
In new post emails, if the thread has a () in the title, the link to the new post won't work. Not something that needs fixed but I thought I'd share in case it helps.

Lianwen
February 12th, 2013, 13:41
Not too much of an issue, but I`m getting thread notifications about an hour after a new post is made. Usually with a bunch of html showing :(

Beer Baron
February 12th, 2013, 17:53
Just a heads-up: the newer badge images, all of which have been made by UTIL in the past year or two, are not yet hosted properly, it seems.

Thanks for that, I'll get them updated :)

Gizmotech
February 12th, 2013, 19:10
Anyone else think the font is a bit small? I have to zoom in a bit for it to be comfortable

Beer Baron
February 12th, 2013, 19:23
In new post emails, if the thread has a () in the title, the link to the new post won't work. Not something that needs fixed but I thought I'd share in case it helps.

I've just tested this and it worked ok.

Could you forward me your email that contains the broken link to paul at ithinkimlost com please

thanks

word
February 12th, 2013, 19:37
Went back to some of the classic ITIL colors. Obviously still quite a few things that need to be changed...

zombiekelly
February 12th, 2013, 19:58
Sure. I've been getting the broken link in replies to some of the lounge threads.

Cytrix
February 12th, 2013, 23:13
Getting a lot of weird ad placement, in between replies in threads. It's not overly bad, but I keep thinking I've reached the end of a page when I'm only a few entries in.

Also when I post something using quick reply I get a dialog box (in Firefox) saying is it okay to leave the page and my edits won't be saved (when I click on quick reply that is, to submit a post).

Beer Baron
February 13th, 2013, 00:00
The ads should be placed as follows:
1) top right of the page, beside the itil logo
2) under the first post of each thread on each page
3) just above the footer on each page in a thread

Beer Baron
February 13th, 2013, 00:00
Not getting the dialog in firefox....

Cytrix
February 13th, 2013, 08:41
Hmm it's happened a few times now, randomly in both Chrome and Firefox, on two separate computers for me.

Gizmotech
February 13th, 2013, 08:41
Just above the footer is what is causing the weird ad placement. It interferes with the page reload when you quick reply. It should be placed in the footer above the thread information.

Antonath
February 13th, 2013, 08:48
I got the dialog on IE (9, I think. Work PC). Text entered, didn't submit, closed tab, dialog. There's also some sort of "auto-save" notification that pops up in the bottom right corner of the quick reply box that may be related. Possibly if it saves and you close, you get the message. If you close before it saves, you don't get it?

Also, google ads now seem to be blocked by my BoE's proxy. I mention this as it's a source of income for the site.

Gizmotech
February 13th, 2013, 09:05
Also, google ads now seem to be blocked by my BoE's proxy. I mention this as it's a source of income for the site.

That's odd, because it can't block all of them as "google ads" seeing as the pictures/content is loaded from somewhere else usually. IE some ads are blocked by my school proxy, most are not.

coop52
February 13th, 2013, 09:06
I'm not getting the ad at the top for some reason.

Gizmotech
February 13th, 2013, 09:15
I'm not getting the ad at the top for some reason.

I just noticed neither am I.

Antonath
February 13th, 2013, 09:52
That's odd, because it can't block all of them as "google ads" seeing as the pictures/content is loaded from somewhere else usually. IE some ads are blocked by my school proxy, most are not.
Well, I'm not getting any of them, and other sites that I know use google ads aren't showing any either (and haven't been since before the ITIL upgrade, so it's almost certainly not a configuration problem here).

Gizmotech
February 13th, 2013, 10:00
Odd, I just got an ad below the first post when I clicked on the sling dingers thread. Coop's post is there, then the ad.

BB, are they supposed to be post-inline like that?

Antonath
February 13th, 2013, 10:51
Odd, I just got an ad below the first post when I clicked on the sling dingers thread. Coop's post is there, then the ad.

BB, are they supposed to be post-inline like that?

The ads should be placed as follows:
1) top right of the page, beside the itil logo
2) under the first post of each thread on each page
3) just above the footer on each page in a thread
So yes. I'm guessing they've added the new position to increase the ad income. Doing it during the format change means people will complain less.

Cytrix
February 13th, 2013, 13:12
I got the dialog on IE (9, I think. Work PC). Text entered, didn't submit, closed tab, dialog. There's also some sort of "auto-save" notification that pops up in the bottom right corner of the quick reply box that may be related. Possibly if it saves and you close, you get the message. If you close before it saves, you don't get it?

Both the dialogue boxes have popped up while posting a reply. I haven:t had one since yesterday though so it may have been a mini glitch on my side for all I know.

Gizmotech
February 13th, 2013, 13:16
Is there an option to disable the auto-save feature? If it's causing problems (which doesn't surprise me, especially given the proxies we go through) then if we could turn it off we'd never notice it wasn't here in the first place :P

word
February 13th, 2013, 13:50
I'm not sure. Lemme look into it...

word
February 13th, 2013, 13:54
Auto-save has been disabled.

coop52
February 13th, 2013, 14:12
I had the link problem yesterday as well, even with the auto-parse thing checked.

word
February 13th, 2013, 15:34
Any way to make the background of the thread areas a little darker, too. It looks much better with the blue page background, but my eyes are still bugging out of my head a bit. (Slash, does vB allow individual users to pick their color schemes?)I can change this. I'm currently working on a laptop w/the sun shining in the window directly behind me, though, so it's almost impossible to see anything, anyway. Lemme see what I can do when I get home tonight. I've been working from some screen shots of the old ITIL, pulling colors out and matching them. I'll see if I can't get a more eyeball-friendly background for ya!

A more annoying issue, though, is that links are no longer being parsed correctly. Before, URLs would automatically be transformed to show the title of the linked page. Now we're just getting ugly, truncated URLs.
I noticed this, too, and agree that it is pretty annoying. Hafta look into it.

Beer Baron
February 13th, 2013, 16:34
I had the link problem yesterday as well, even with the auto-parse thing checked.

This should be fixed now. We needed to add another plugin to the site to enable it to replace the url with the page title.

RomulusLupin
June 13th, 2013, 23:17
The calendar has been totally borked since the upgrade (or possibly before). It's permanently stuck on December 2011 and refuses to catch up to real time.

Beer Baron
June 13th, 2013, 23:32
The calendar has been totally borked since the upgrade (or possibly before). It's permanently stuck on December 2011 and refuses to catch up to real time.

To be honest with you, I didnt even know that existed until you mentioned it just now. I've fixed it now, thanks :)

RomulusLupin
June 13th, 2013, 23:34
I don't think it gets used, really, but it was driving me nuts anyway. Thanks.