PDA

View Full Version : FBI Background check uh oh

JJarmuth07
December 19th, 2012, 16:32
Long story short and I got my record back and there were two incidents: one which I mentioned and one which happened after I got done with the application so the second, recent, charge was not mentioned.

I know per the rules it says in principal this can disqualify you but how do you think I should address this? Call the embassy and explain the situation?

Antonath
December 19th, 2012, 16:46
They can't be overly harsh about something that's dated later than your application, I'd think.

What they might be harsh about is you doing something that shows up on your FBI record in the two months between application and FBI check.

aayl1
December 19th, 2012, 18:03
I think you should ignore it, and if they ask about it claim it was self defence/you stole to feed your family/the policeman was asking for it.

aayl1
December 19th, 2012, 18:03
/she swore she was 18

word
December 19th, 2012, 18:47
Just don't worry about it and hope that the US's bungling boys in blue don't manage to file the paperwork in a timely manner and you end up in Japan before anything comes of it. If it works, it works. If it doesn't work, then you weren't gonna come to Japan no matter how well you explained it to the Embassy/Program.

AliDimayev
December 21st, 2012, 02:27
Long story short and I got my record back and there were two incidents: one which I mentioned and one which happened after I got done with the application so the second, recent, charge was not mentioned.

I know per the rules it says in principal this can disqualify you but how do you think I should address this? Call the embassy and explain the situation?
what are the two charges?

mothy
December 22nd, 2012, 03:30
Why are people giving advice to a known criminal to help him come to Japan? Doesn't JET get enough miscreants perpetuating stereotypes about dangerous foreigners without knowingly aiding and abetting one?

JJarmuth07
December 24th, 2012, 11:06
Two charges were:
(1) Trespassing to government property (accidentally went into a strict dorm, staff thought i was a robber/trespasser) - mentioned that
(2) Public intoxication - going to trial for that mid-January and the charges will likely be dropped.

So, not a criminal. Ignorance is rampant ladies and gents.

TheFantasticAsh
December 25th, 2012, 22:22
How disgusting.

A trespassing public drunk?

I hope there was no public nudity attached to the latter charge.

JJarmuth07
January 3rd, 2013, 17:19
I'm going to agree with Word here, submit it and hope they don't notice. I will do it after the court date on 17 January. If all goes well, all the charges will be dismissed with prejudice. Thoughts on this? And no FrantasticAsh, no nudity.

MJN
January 7th, 2013, 08:46
no nudity.

Well in that case, no one here can help.

Page
April 4th, 2013, 09:14
So??

dvac002
April 7th, 2013, 08:35
On the fingerprint form for the FBI Background check, does anyone know what to put under "Employer and Address"?

word
April 7th, 2013, 12:59
Well, I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain that the best response would be to write down the name and address of your employer.

Your current employer.

If you're not currently employed, just leave it blank.

dvac002
April 7th, 2013, 13:12
Yea, I thought about writing that down. The thing is since it also asks the reason, aka JET employment, I'm confused as to whether or not they want the address to the employer for which I'm requesting a background check for. I'm still waiting for a reply from my coordinator, but I want to send this out asap!

JJarmuth07
April 7th, 2013, 17:17
PM'd.

Lianwen
April 8th, 2013, 10:49
Yea, I thought about writing that down. The thing is since it also asks the reason, aka JET employment, I'm confused as to whether or not they want the address to the employer for which I'm requesting a background check for. I'm still waiting for a reply from my coordinator, but I want to send this out asap!

The year I did it, they sent out a special "how to fill out the background form" sheet that gave what you were supposed to fill in for everything. Did people not get those this year?

Tyr
April 8th, 2013, 12:31
Two charges were:
(1) Trespassing to government property (accidentally went into a strict dorm, staff thought i was a robber/trespasser) - mentioned that
(2) Public intoxication - going to trial for that mid-January and the charges will likely be dropped.

So, not a criminal. Ignorance is rampant ladies and gents.

Surprised 1 shows up on FBI records. Doesn't sound too serious.
Didn't even know 2 was a crime, when I was in uni I did that a few times a week; how else does one get from the pub to home?

dvac002
April 9th, 2013, 02:00
The year I did it, they sent out a special "how to fill out the background form" sheet that what you were supposed to fill in for everything. Did people not get those this year?

I didn't receive that how to form, but I found a detailed explanation on the FBI site that requests we list our hopeful employer. At the same time, I have been instructed to just list my current employer by my coordinator so I'm just gonna go ahead and jot that down. Thanks to everyone who replied though! Really appreciate it.

Kuroda Ishikawa
April 10th, 2013, 14:04
Step 1: carefully slice the bottom of the envelope, along the fold, slightly towards the back of the envelope (so as to be less visible from the front)
Step 2: remove the contents, be sure to note the orientation of the paper
Step 3: scan them, erase problematic content, print again on similar stock (most important is thickness) and return to envelope
Step 4: Using a ultra-thin modeling brush, 'paint' the inside edge of the paper with a light coating of strong adhesive. Be sure to paint slightly inside of the cut to avoid seepage
Step 5: place envelope between some heavy, flat books for drying along the glued edge.

Cytrix
April 10th, 2013, 14:20
...whut

mothy
April 10th, 2013, 15:16
It's good advice.

Lianwen
April 10th, 2013, 15:23
Are we being trolled?

Ini
April 10th, 2013, 15:42
well the OP is a massive troll so this must be a troll of a troll wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Kuroda Ishikawa
April 11th, 2013, 08:06
He has an FBI report with two items on it, and one wasn't reported on his application. I've never heard of a guy in that kind of situation being allowed on JET before, although I suppose it's possible. He's literally boned anyway so he may as well give it a shot.

Page
April 11th, 2013, 11:01
I'm assuming the OP's silence on the matter is an indication of if they got in, anyway.