PDA

View Full Version : JET Terminology, For Alternates

Sam404
April 7th, 2005, 10:21
Hi everyone,

I am new to this board, although I've been reading it for a while now (a lurker, yes, I know...I'm sorry, this is the first time I've had a question!). :)

I wanted to ask a question to all of you who, like myself, were sent a letter telling you that you're an "alternate" for this year.

What EXACTLY does your letter say? Someone on the JetJapan community over on LJ said that he heard from his consulate that they're doing things a little differently this year, that there's an alternate short-list and a regular alternate list.

My letter says: "...you have been selected as an Alternate Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) short-list candidate for the 2005 JET Program."

Am I giving myself false hope here? Anyone get something different?

Thanks everyone! :D

Pandilex
April 7th, 2005, 11:14
This letter is to inform you that you have been selected as an ALTERNATE ALT short-list candidate for the year's JET Programme.

I can totally see what you mean though about it being slightly ambiguous. However it says further down "Should you be promoted..." about three times.

Ini
April 7th, 2005, 12:34
just smell it, if it is ripe with the thick stench of failure then you know you are an alternate

Sam404
April 7th, 2005, 13:13
hahah yeah, wishful thinking on my part. oh well. :)

Sam
April 7th, 2005, 20:51
I am Sam.

Sam404
April 7th, 2005, 23:16
8O
Boy Sam or girl Sam?

I'm a girl Sam.

Sam
April 8th, 2005, 19:01
They get my vote too...

<--- Boy Sam.