PDA

View Full Version : Getting twitchy here

bwhat87
January 22nd, 2013, 10:28
I'm seeing all these posts from the UK and Australia about their interviews and, as an applicant from the US, I'm starting to get nervous. I'm compulsively checking the website for any news but man...torture. I know that the US is WAAAY behind for whatever reason, but the lack of any communication at all since I got my application confirmation card in December is killin me >_< One way or the other, TELL ME NAO!

stanmarsh
January 22nd, 2013, 10:32
On the official forums, it is stated that the lists won't be released until the beginning of February. So try to save your heart attack for then! We've got a good week and a half....

bwhat87
January 22nd, 2013, 10:37
I know, I know. Still, it's annoying. They say "Late January/Early February" but da fuq does that mean? If they'd just post a solid date I'd be much more relaxed. Doesn't help that all my my friends and relatives keep asking me "you get the interview yet?" and I can't even respond with a solid answer of when I'd even know if I got it or not. Sigh, even waiting for the confirmation that I had, indeed, graduated was less nerve-wracking for me.

Anyway, end of freak-out (temporarily, anyway).

stanmarsh
January 22nd, 2013, 10:54
Oh yeah, sorry...didn't realize that you knew that! Yeah, I feel you. If I hadn't seen that, I would probably be checking obsessively every single day, as the due date this year was earlier than normal, and I assumed that that would mean an earlier release date for the interview list.

I'm right there with you! Going nuts here...

LittleBlueDragonfly
January 22nd, 2013, 11:20
Strangely, my mom has already started talking like I'm going and it's making things worse for me. Just do your best to get your mind off of things and it'll be February before you know it!

bwhat87
January 22nd, 2013, 11:26
Strangely, my mom has already started talking like I'm going and it's making things worse for me. Just do your best to get your mind off of things and it'll be February before you know it!

My parents have gone super bi-polar on that front. They talk to me like I'm going, yet keep telling me not to get my hopes too high or make any formal plans. Little odd, tbh. Still, I'm trying to focus on Fire Emblem coming out for the 3DS on Feb. 4 as an alternative way of counting down the days :P

LittleBlueDragonfly
January 22nd, 2013, 11:45
Yeah, that is a little bipolar, but it's exactly how my parents are. It's kind of strange for me because my parents didn't like the thought of me applying, but I did it anyway.

Speaking of video games, Ni no Kuni comes out tomorrow, and I almost forgot. Yay for something to keep me preoccupied!

bwhat87
January 22nd, 2013, 13:08
I'm holding off on that one till I get it in my GameFly, I got enough on my plate :P Guild Wars 2, Darksiders 2, Disgaea 4, Borderlands 2, (soon) Fire Emblem, etc. etc.

word
January 22nd, 2013, 13:08
I avoided all that sh*t by not telling more than one or two people that I'd even applied until I got the interview (even then, I only told a few), then downplaying the crap out of it to everyone who asked me about it ("It's a longshot, I doubt I'll go, etc."). I can't imagine how annoying it would have been to have had people asking about it all the time.

bwhat87
January 22nd, 2013, 13:13
I avoided all that sh*t by not telling more than one or two people that I'd even applied until I got the interview (even then, I only told a few), then downplaying the crap out of it to everyone who asked me about it ("It's a longshot, I doubt I'll go, etc."). I can't imagine how annoying it would have been to have had people asking about it all the time.

Yea, see, I had my parents help me out a lot with my SoP, and they told a bunch of people, who told a bunch of people, etc. You know what they say...a secret with more than 1 person is not a secret anymore.

word
January 22nd, 2013, 13:25
True; my friends are good at keeping their mouths shut, though.

Teishou
January 22nd, 2013, 13:34
My mom just said I had to get my shit together, whether I went or not. Good thing I went. :D

Ini
January 22nd, 2013, 14:15
I just told everyone I was going back in November. Good thing I got in otherwise I would have had to go hide in the woods or something for a year rather than admit I'd arsed it up.

bwhat87
January 22nd, 2013, 14:31
I just told everyone I was going back in November. Good thing I got in otherwise I would have had to go hide in the woods or something for a year rather than admit I'd arsed it up.

Soooooo, you'd have turned into MORE of a sasquatch than you already are? That's what I'm hearing anyway...

Ini
January 22nd, 2013, 14:32
I wish I was a sasquatch, at least they have hair.....

bwhat87
January 22nd, 2013, 14:37
http://i49.tinypic.com/rk8t9y.jpg

Ini
January 22nd, 2013, 14:43
more http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/97/AlexanderLitvinenkoHospital.jpg/220px-AlexanderLitvinenkoHospital.jpg

bwhat87
January 22nd, 2013, 14:55
awww, now I'm sad. I'll just go back to killing zombies to sooth the pain away now :(

Page
January 24th, 2013, 12:36
Sounds like early february for the US*! My consulate (HI) sent out an email asking for interviewers/greeters for Feb 19 - 22. Subtract however much notice you're supposed to get. They don't know the exact amount of interviewees yet, apparently.

(Everything does move a little slower there, though.)

jwkelley
January 28th, 2013, 03:07
The emotional roller cost you go through getting here compared to actually being here is strange.

Eternal Melody
January 28th, 2013, 04:40
Sounds like early february for the US*! My consulate (HI) sent out an email asking for interviewers/greeters for Feb 19 - 22. Subtract however much notice you're supposed to get. They don't know the exact amount of interviewees yet, apparently.

(Everything does move a little slower there, though.)

Thank you for the insider scoop Page. :)
Do you remember how you were contacted for the interviews?

Paper Moon
January 28th, 2013, 13:09
I ran into a friend today and he told me that he will be teaching in South Korea soon! Even though I don't know if I will have an interview yet, we talked about how great it would be to meet up abroad. Talking about travel with my friend made me want this that much more! Despite my attempts to keep my hopes at bay, I think I will be crushed if I do not get an interview again. I think the waiting, the anticipation, makes the let down even worse. That's why I feel really bad for British applicants. Yes, we in the US have to wait a while for our interview results, but we all find out at once if we made it or not. British people have to watch other people get interviews all the while not knowing if they will get one or not.

I'm trying to re-reconcile myself to the idea that I won't get an interview... I was so calm about JET this year too! I fell victim to excitment in the last few days! ARGH.

CherryBerry
January 28th, 2013, 14:12
I am getting so nervous/excited for the interview list to go up. I was fine until a few days ago when my friend from Canada got his interview invitation.
*sigh* At least I have school work to keep me occupied...:p_cake:

Page
January 29th, 2013, 11:16
Thank you for the insider scoop Page. :)
Do you remember how you were contacted for the interviews?

First time I got in through NY was by checking the website PDF for my number. Second time in HI was by email. I think most consulates do email now? But the timing depends on the consulate!

AshesTree
January 31st, 2013, 02:42
Well, we'll all find out on Friday. They tweeted it. SOOOOO NERVOUS!

SarahKaye
January 31st, 2013, 08:27
British people have to watch other people get interviews all the while not knowing if they will get one or not.

Hm? Almost all of the British interviews are out - quite a few of us have already had ours, so we're just in the next, more intense part of the waiting game..

jjstrand
January 31st, 2013, 09:12
I think Paper meant that those who got emails in weeks 3, 4 and 5 had to be bite their nails as they watched the earlier interviews doled out.

This wait is by far worse than the pre-interview wait though. I didn't really care for a few weeks post hand in, and then could busy myself prepping after that. Now, though.. It's going to be a long two months.

Paper Moon
February 2nd, 2013, 10:33
I think Paper meant that those who got emails in weeks 3, 4 and 5 had to be bite their nails as they watched the earlier interviews doled out.

This wait is by far worse than the pre-interview wait though. I didn't really care for a few weeks post hand in, and then could busy myself prepping after that. Now, though.. It's going to be a long two months.

Yes, this is exactly what I meant. :) Sorry if I was unclear SarahKaye!