PDA

View Full Version : Nagano City Jobs

greengoo
January 23rd, 2013, 10:51
As those who know me IRL know, I'm going to be relocating to Nagano City April 1st. I'm currently applying for jobs, and would appreciate any insight or ideas.

At the moment, I'm open to most anything that will either let me use my current JET Visa or sponsor another. Obviously ALT positions and Eikaiwa are my easy option but I'm open to other stuff as well.

Cue hilarious insults, go!

Tyr
January 23rd, 2013, 10:59
Just curious here. Why Nagano of all places?

Shouldn't be too hard with the usual companies, Nagano is probally one of those places they have trouble convincing people to go to. Good luck.

word
January 23rd, 2013, 11:37
How close to the city are you looking to live? I've got an acquaintance working for A-to-Z in the area who might be able to help you make a few contacts.

greengoo
January 23rd, 2013, 14:41
Without divulging too much detail, YZ was offered a really bitchin' job and we decided to go. I'm planning to live in Nagano City or in Suzaka right outside. I actually applied to A-Z yesterday but would love to talk more on that (FB!)

I just got my first callback from a company called Coco Juku who wants to set up an interview. I still have two months to go so I may hold out for something nicer but we'll see how this week goes.

edit: second call for an interview, this one from A-Z. Unfortunately, they want me to interview for places other than where I'm going. Bummer :(

Ini
January 23rd, 2013, 15:24
Can I stay at your place in Suzuka during the F1 weekend?

greengoo
January 23rd, 2013, 15:28
Only if we can share a bed.

edit: Today I learned Suzuka and Suzaka are not the same.

Ini
January 23rd, 2013, 17:42
Arse, can I stay at your place anyway? I'll require three square meals and a hot bath.

Teishou
January 23rd, 2013, 17:55
Put some rice in a square box 3 times a day and give it to Ini.

MJN
January 23rd, 2013, 20:34
Give him a cardboard box, forcing him to sleep outside, don't feed him and occasionally throw rock at him to make sure he doesn't feel away from home.

Gizmotech
January 24th, 2013, 09:05
Give him a cardboard box, forcing him to sleep outside, don't feed him and occasionally throw rock at him to make sure he doesn't feel away from home.

Sounds like an upgrade given he doesn't have to sleep w/ his boss anymore.

Ini
January 24th, 2013, 10:00
I don't sleep with my boss!!

I sleep at his feet like a loyal puppy

greengoo
February 20th, 2013, 16:25
Updates for my adoring fans:

I applied to three positions and was given job offers from all three. All three had full insurance and sponsored visa, so I picked the one that came with a free apartment, biggest salary and that seemed to be populated by normal humans. I'm moving to Nagano April 1st.

If you're looking for work there's work to be had up there. Also, skiing.

Gizmotech
February 20th, 2013, 16:29
Mind if I ask what's the " biggest" salary worth with benefits?

bananallanah
March 4th, 2013, 19:25
Yeah what Gizmo said! Answers plz.