PDA

View Full Version : vitamin water ads

Gizmotech
March 30th, 2013, 07:33
WOW.

They gotta go. Hover over em by even just draging your mouse across and a huge pop box w/ a video appears. Nearly scared me half to death.

Beer Baron
March 30th, 2013, 21:33
Haven't seen them. Anyway, theres no way to choose the ads that display.

lilyanphino
April 1st, 2013, 19:14
Is there any way to keep ads to non-video ads? I've had a video ad pop up recently and it startled me as well.

Beer Baron
April 1st, 2013, 19:46
I think that is an option, ill check it out! Don't want any more startled itilers :D

Beer Baron
April 2nd, 2013, 00:47
Hmm - there is only an option to choose between Text only, Image + media rich only, or Text, Image + media rich together. We are currently showing the later. If I switch it to Text only, we will presumably lose a large number of advertisers which is something I dont really want to do.

I've browsed several pages and I am unable to see any video ads. How often are you guys seeing them?

Gizmotech
April 2nd, 2013, 02:04
very infrequently. I thought you had a blacklist ability?

lilyanphino
April 2nd, 2013, 07:06
Yeah, I've only ever had it happen a time or two.

Beer Baron
April 2nd, 2013, 21:55
If I understand it right, if you are buying ads you can blacklist sites, but not if you are selling adspace (like us). Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edit: It turns out I'm wrong - there is a dedicated page to allow/block ads. So - if you see these ads again please tell me some details about them so I can try to get the URL I need to block.
Edit2: Woohoo! We can block dating ads! (which I've done - along with a few other categories that we don't really want like sexual health / get rich quick )

Thanks