PDA

View Full Version : Question about academic file

sandbear
April 23rd, 2013, 08:16
Hello all,

I've recently become interested in applying for the JET program, but I'm a bit concerned about how far into your academic file the admissions persons will go. I have a good gpa and worked hard in college, but unfortunately I have a mark on my academic file from when a classmate copied off one of my tests. This does not show up on my official transcript, but I know it has to be on file somewhere in my academic record at the college. So now I feel like I have this black cloud following me around every time I think about applying for graduate school, or such an opportunity as the JET program.

Will the JET program go so far as to pull my academic record? Or do they only go by the transcript?

If anyone has any insight on this I'd appreciate it. I'm really hoping this isn't going to ruin my chances.

Thanks

coop52
April 23rd, 2013, 08:29
They only go by the transcript. If it doesn't show up there, then they probably won't care.

Ini
April 23rd, 2013, 09:22
do they even ask for a transcript? they only wanted my degree certificate when I applied. If you havent graduated when you apply they might ask for a transcript to show you will actually pass but I dont think they care about researching too deeply into your past.

Which is handy, the "shows sociopathic tendencies; possibly homosexual" my kindergarten teacher wrote on my record has haunted me for decades.

sandbear
April 23rd, 2013, 10:40
do they even ask for a transcript? they only wanted my degree certificate when I applied. If you havent graduated when you apply they might ask for a transcript to show you will actually pass but I dont think they care about researching too deeply into your past.

Which is handy, the "shows sociopathic tendencies; possibly homosexual" my kindergarten teacher wrote on my record has haunted me for decades.

Haha. I think you're right, it is only the copy of the degree certificate they ask for. Well that's good to know.

Thanks for the replies.

Gizmotech
April 23rd, 2013, 19:40

They do ask for the transcript in Canada. I think they do in the US as well.

Kyrajen
April 23rd, 2013, 20:37
I believe they require a transcript. I hadn't graduated yet, but I still needed a letter written by the registrar stating that I was going to graduate in addition to the transcripts. That said, as mentioned above, it is not likely JET will see any mark if it is not on your transcript.