PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Advanced Search

RomulusLupin
June 7th, 2013, 15:26
Has anyone else noticed since the upgrade that you can no longer spit out individual posts as results in a search? Not that many people actually bother with the search function, but it drives me insane when I'm looking for a specific post and all the results spit out is the thread that post is posted in.

Antonath
June 7th, 2013, 15:47
I had noticed that, yes, but I search threads so rarely that I figured it was the same behaviour as always. I know you can search inside a thread when you're viewing it, so you can get around it, but if the functionality has changed (and doesn't need a plugin), it'd be nice to have it back.

therealwindycity
June 7th, 2013, 20:13
You have to go to the "search single content type" tab and click the "show results as posts" option at the bottom. It took me a little while to figure it out - it's not as intuitive as the old search

RomulusLupin
June 7th, 2013, 20:17
Wow, definitely not. I never thought to click that tab since the default search allows you to specify content type. Thanks, windy!

Beer Baron
June 7th, 2013, 21:09
Good spot windy! :)

therealwindycity
January 16th, 2014, 13:21
I was wondering about this - is there any way we can change the default search settings? It seems like a small thing, but it might be a big hindrance for people who want to talk about something but aren't sure if it's been discussed or who are looking for info.

Beer Baron
January 22nd, 2014, 00:24
windy - this should be the default now. Took a few hours of trawling through code to find the line that deals with that. Also turned off errors that were being displayed at the top of the page :)

therealwindycity
January 22nd, 2014, 10:40
Perfect - thank you!