PDA

View Full Version : Didn't get my letter yet...

AtownKiley
April 10th, 2005, 18:34
I still haven't gotten my letter. How long should I wait before I call the embassy?

Jeff
April 11th, 2005, 04:20
I E-Mailed mine on Friday, and it turns out they sent it to the wrong address. Do you know anyone in your area who has received their letters yet? The main reason I E-mailed Friday was because everyone else in my area had gotten theirs by Tuesday (otherwise Friday would be a bit impatient-sounding, in my opinion). However, if they said you'd hear in the first week of April, I don't think it's rude to call them and ask on Monday....just maybe wait until after the mail comes.

AtownKiley
April 11th, 2005, 09:00
Thanks Jeff, I actually do know of at least two people who received their letter as early as last monday. So I'm getting a little antsy...

Doomer
April 11th, 2005, 09:08
I know how it feels...people that interviewed with me began getting thier letters like 3 days before me I finally got mine...probably had something to do with it being the weekend...dont worry itll come...eventually

dbridges
April 11th, 2005, 23:11
I've gotten several emails from the Chicago consulate and know that I'm an alternate, but they said I should be receiving more infomation via snail mail. I still haven't received anything from the USPS... how long should I wait before I call?

AtownKiley
April 13th, 2005, 07:05
Hey guys, I didn't get my letter yet but I called today and they told me I got in! Thanks for all the help. I'm sure I'll have a multitude of new questions for you once I get my packet. Laters!

n107
April 13th, 2005, 23:58
Wow, I hope your deadline isn't the same as ours (Apr. 29) or you're going to be scrambling to make sure you get everything done on time. Did you give them an email addy? They sent copies of the forms from the snail mail to my email inbox. Maybe they did the same for you.

Good luck!