PDA

View Full Version : JET 2014 Online Application form question

PaddyPakku
October 8th, 2013, 09:45
So I've taken a look at the Australian application form that is now online. Although I don't intend on filling or submitting the form(As I'm from the UK), I'm wondering; how exactly do we supposed to fill out the form online? I tried clicking on the form and typing but nothing would appear. I should mention, I'm a complete newb with computers.
Thank you in advance.

word
October 8th, 2013, 11:45
Please print and complete application forms, and send them in ONE envelope together.
It's not meant to be filled out online.

Antonath
October 8th, 2013, 12:01
Some countries offer online applications, some do not. Australia is apparently one of the ones that does not. I suspect the "This on-line application form is made available..." line is either copypasta'd from standard JET blurb, or the embassy thinking "online" means "you don't have to phone up and have one posted to you".

MJN
October 8th, 2013, 12:19
When I applied, The UK online application form isn't a print out thing, it's a form you fill out in a browser that generates a PDF you print and mail with the rest of the application.

Don't fill out the Australian form in advance. The questions will be largely similar, but it'll be a slightly different format.

Gizmotech
October 8th, 2013, 12:45
The Canadian application when I did it in 2011 was online. We filled out the entire application online, then printed it off. The printout was important because we had to SIGN the printout and mail it in. The computer part just made it easier for them when they are checking things off in their database of applicants.

I would recommend holding out until the application process itself goes live, as it will vary from country to country.

I should mention, I'm a complete newb with computers.

You'll fit right in in Japan. I don't think newb even begins to describe many of my coworkers :P

PaddyPakku
October 8th, 2013, 15:20
Thank you for the response guys(and girls if there are any), I was starting to worry that I needed new PDF editing software or something.
So when the the UK form goes live, I'll be able to edit it online?

You'll fit right in in Japan. I don't think newb even begins to describe many of my coworkers :P

Really? Japanese people are NOT good with technology?!??! I kid I kid...

Teishou
October 8th, 2013, 22:21
Nah, they're absolutely brilliant! So brilliant, common sense evades them when they can't open a particular program... *thinks of coworker next to her*