PDA

View Full Version : oops sorry newbies

wicket
October 16th, 2013, 19:40
I stopped coming onto ITIL due to lack of time but I'd always had email alerts if I had a PM waiting for me on ITIL and would just log on to check them. It struck me tonight that I haven't had one of those alerts for ages so I logged in and found half a dozen messages dating back to November 2012.
So, I'm sorry to any newbies who asked for my help with SoPs. I would have helped, had I realised you wanted me to.

wicket
October 16th, 2013, 20:30
i've helped plenty of newbies with SoPs over the years.

wicket
October 16th, 2013, 21:56
word? you still here? good for you. but i can handle myself - no need to delete posts from uthinkimcompletelybloddymental?
can't a girl say vagina on ITIL any more?

word
October 16th, 2013, 22:17
Yeah, but only in the Lounge. See, Official closed their "Applying" forums for some reason, so we've seen an influx of newbies looking for assistance. It's a good thing, but in an effort to keep some of 'em around, we're going all out with the moderation of Applying. Gotta make 'em feel welcome until they understand the nature of bored ALTs. We're really tryin' to put a nice face around here! :D

Illuria
October 17th, 2013, 01:56
Hey wicket, nice to see an acknowledgement of a mistake. I wonder why it all of a sudden stopped sending you e-mails about PMs? Oh well, would you be willing to read my SoP? It's a UK-style one and I don't know if there's much difference between the UK Personal Statement and the Aussie one but some critique is still useful!

wicket
October 17th, 2013, 13:44
Yes I would. I'll PM you my email address.
Strangely, I got an email alert of a PM this morning, so it's working again. Maybe I just didn't see them - last October/November was kind of crazy around here!