PDA

View Full Version : Disputing a charge on a Softbank bill?

Lianwen
November 13th, 2013, 12:35
Recently I walked into Softbank to pay my bill, because it was closer than a conbini, and I got quite a shock. Instead of my bill being around 7k, which it usually is every month, my bill was 1.15man. After paying Softbank (200yen) to look at my statement so I could find out who the culprit was so I would never ever talk to them again, I found that there was a call placed from my phone to Singapore.

I've never called Singapore (wouldn't even know how to), and when the 9 min call was placed, I was in a class. I can't even tell if the call actually originated from my phone, because my call history starts from two days after the call was placed.

Should I even bother trying to dispute the charge? The students weren't allowed in the staffroom that day (because of testing), so I don't think it was a student deciding to fck with the ALT's phone. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What did you do? And, bigger question, can I even dispute it? or is it just wishful thinking SB might take me seriously and remove the charge?

Gizmotech
November 13th, 2013, 14:03
I don't see how you can dispute it to be honest. Either someone used your phone, or borrowed your sim card and used it in theirs. I don't see how their system could randomly connect another customers phone to yours.

Also, you've already paid the bill right? They'll probably just go "shonganai" and leave you at that.

MJN
November 13th, 2013, 14:50
If you've already paid it, nothing.

If you've not paid it, call their service line and explain (I think they have English support somewhere). They'll ask for photocopies of your timetable and the likes, and other such proof you were otherwise disposed, and they should drop it.

Lianwen
November 13th, 2013, 15:06
Aw, drats. I already paid it (didn't have a choice/service would have been cut by the end of the week, before the invoice arrived). Thanks, guys <3

MJN
November 13th, 2013, 15:17
Could always just outright stop paying it and get a new phone company.

Depends how much you ever want to use softbank again / visit Japan again.

Lianwen
November 13th, 2013, 15:47
This is true. I'm tempted to go over to AU/Docomo, but I'm afraid of change and I'd probably Lian it up and the whole of Tohoku would probably lose cell service or something from my actions.

Lianwen
November 15th, 2013, 09:07
So, an update: Friday visit school Kyoto-sensei confirmed for me today that I was in class during the time the call was placed. He called SB and SB will investigate the charge if I can provide them with that day's schedule...however, even though Kyoto-sensei was the teacher I was with during that time (he's the English teacher at this school), he will not photocopy the schedule he has until he can get Kocho-sensei's permission. Of course, Kocho-sensei is absent today, and next week I will be at timewaste!SDC, so I will have to wait two weeks to even see action on this >___> At least SB is willing to look into it.

Edit -
Holy fck. New update. Kyoto-sensei wants to involve my BOE to investigate because of the implication that if I didn't make the phone call (and he knows I didn't, because he was with me), than someone in the staffroom or a student must've made the phone call. I tried to be as reasonable as I could, because he asked me what I think happened, and I responded that I thought maybe Softbank had mistakenly charged me for another customer's call. I don't want to implicate anyone, but I don't want to pay the stupid!high charge. His words were, "I don't want the situation to get worse."

If a CLAIR announcement goes out for ALTs to lock their phones/not bring their phones to school, drrr, you all know who caused it. Sorry.

MJN
November 15th, 2013, 09:44
In before JETs are banned from getting phones from your BOE.