View Full Version : In..or not?

April 12th, 2005, 00:21
Well, my husband got his letter of acceptance on Thursday, April 7.
Then, on Friday, April 8, he got an email from the Toronto Embassy, reiterating what was said in his acceptance letter and attaching a revised airport list.
I, however, have not received anything yet. I have a sinking feeling that I am not in. I have not received any emails, and I would assume that they sent out all the Toronto acceptances already.
I don't want to start freaking out yet, but when we applied, we received our interview letters at the same time, and then received our interview time-slot letters also at the same time. So...this could only mean.
The worst part is that it is my dream, not my hubby's. I wasn't even accepted for an interview when I applied in 2003 and now, to have come all this way and not get in....hurts so much!

April 12th, 2005, 00:51

April 12th, 2005, 02:27
Don't worry yet. It might mean nothing. I know some couples who found out that they were both accepted but didn't hear at the same time. Take it from me though, as part of a couple currently living in Japan on one JET salary, it can work. I was rejected the first time in 2003 too. Now I'm an alternate, but that's certainly no gaurantee of anything. If you decide to come regardless, there are other options for work even on the dependent visa you'll be issued when you come. If you really want to do it, there's not much stopping you. I wouldn't have had it any other way even though I haven't found full time work. Just odd gigs here and there. It's just too inaka where we are and not much demand for English teachers that can be paid. But I've been having the time of my life doing all the things I would never have time for if I was working. It's been great :wink: