PDA

View Full Version : Prescription glasses do i need a physician statement for U.S. application

shipman
November 25th, 2013, 02:15
On required docs and supplemental materials it states you dont need a physicians statement for prescription glasses/contacts and on Self-assessment med form online it never asked about glasses so i put N/A for everything. But i noticed when i was getting ready to send everything the other day on the printed application it lists prescription glasses on last question of us self-med form. Not sure i should put a sticky note on the application and just go ahead try and get physicians form filled Monday and just send it out or send it out. My passport pic has glasses and ts my first time applying and i dont want to be disqualified. any glasses wearers whats the protocol!

Aurano
November 25th, 2013, 02:18
I wear specs and didn't say anything about it. I'm not blind, just short sighted, as are many people and it's not their problem. They would only want to know if your eye sight could be a potential problem or hazard.

Though saying that, the US application is different from UK. Maybe better if a US applicant gives you a reply.

Shincantsen
November 25th, 2013, 03:10
Somebody on the Facebook group(from the US) said they called the embassy with this question, and they said you do not need a physicians form just for prescription eyewear.

shipman
November 25th, 2013, 03:34
Thank you! That is great i really didnt feel like rushing to get the physician form filled by my doc with the deadline so fast approaching

chwii
November 25th, 2013, 03:41
At the beginning of the application period prescription glasses/contacts were listed under one of the sections on the medical form. However, it was later removed (I'm thinking it's probably because they were getting calls about the inconsistency with the instructions). I think they might have forgotten to change it so that the copy that prints out matches their changes. I also called the embassy about it since I wouldn't need a doctor's note otherwise, and they said it wasn't necessary.