PDA

View Full Version : Filter triggering 14/1/31 [Resolved]

Antonath
January 31st, 2014, 08:51
The Lounge, Applying, and Site Issues are all being blocked by my school's internet filter. I'm assuming the rest are too, but I don't want to check in case I raise too many flags.

For some reason the main page works.

Ini
January 31st, 2014, 08:52
What reason does the filter give?

Antonath
January 31st, 2014, 09:25
Interestingly, it's simply claiming that it can't connect to the server. Why that's bringing up the filter instead of the normal message, I don't know.

It's also coming up for the front page now, too.

Antonath
January 31st, 2014, 10:28
And now it's working again. Very strange. I've always assumed that filter message came up when a site was actually, y'know, filtered. Why it comes up for some "site not found" instances and not others, I don't know.

MJN
January 31st, 2014, 20:48
I was having constant 504 errors today if it's related.

Antonath
January 31st, 2014, 20:53
Yeah, despite me sticking "resolved" in the title, this was happening on and off all day.

Beer Baron
February 1st, 2014, 05:04
Keep me updated - I haven't seen any issues from my UK ISP anyway.

mothy
February 1st, 2014, 21:09
I also had quite a few 504 errors, starting last night.

Beer Baron
February 2nd, 2014, 00:01
504 is gateway timeout so it's hard to tell whether it's a gateway on the server side or your side. Is this only happening in schools or on your home broadband too? I still haven't seen it here

MJN
February 3rd, 2014, 10:35
504 is gateway timeout so it's hard to tell whether it's a gateway on the server side or your side. Is this only happening in schools or on your home broadband too? I still haven't seen it here

Only happening on my phone's internet (tethering) - the schools was fine, as was my home.

I'm back on my phone today, and not seen a single error yet.