PDA

View Full Version : JHS ALT Budget

BambooTelegraph
April 10th, 2014, 13:21
My co-worker mentioned to me that City Hall has budgeted around $100 in extra materials that the ALT can use freely. One of my schools has a collection of 10 Doraemon Bilingual books which feature English and Japanese that students tend to read.

My city is starting to focus more on reading/understanding and I've been thinking about perhaps ordering more bilingual comics (Kodansha Bilingual seems to have a nice presence; but with titles like CCS and Love Hina I don't think it would be relevant to all JHS students).

Has anyone else had a city budget and if so, what kinds of things did you spend on it?

Jiggit
April 10th, 2014, 13:26
Get crayon shin chan if you can find it. I imagine JHS kids will go nuts to find out how to say butt in English.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
April 10th, 2014, 13:32
My school has a small budget for us ALTs, but the majority of that goes one the yearly English camp we take, so we have to keep our hands out of that particular cookie jar.

BambooTelegraph
April 10th, 2014, 13:32
Get crayon shin chan if you can find it. I imagine JHS kids will go nuts to find out how to say butt in English.

Any guesses as to where I'd find it?