PDA

View Full Version : Orientation at U.S. Consulates

Jeff
April 18th, 2005, 10:36
Hey, all-

I have a question regarding orientations in the U.S. According to the Portland Consulate, there will be an orientation in late June for departing JETs, but they still haven't set the dates for it. I have to go to NYC with my family towards the end of June, and I really want to be able to book my flight, but they still haven't set dates for the orientation. My question is do all consulates have the orientation at the same time? If so, then maybe I could go to the NYC Consulate for the orientation, but I'm not sure if every consulate has them on the same dates (or even if I would be allowed to attend the NYC orientation). I know the obvious answer is to ask the Portland consulate, but I don't want to seem like a big pain in the ass, or seem like I don't want to attend their orientation. Any advice? I'd really like to book my flight before the fares get expensive, but I don't want to book it and have it conflict later on. Thanks for any help.

dendrite
April 18th, 2005, 11:30
NYC short-listed folks received a departure itinerary. We're going to orientation on July 22nd, leaving the 23rd. The consulate you leave from determines your departure groups - A, B, or C. NYC is A.

Allichan
April 18th, 2005, 13:48
hey Jeff,

LA consulate has an orientation on June 25th ... I heard another consulate has one on the same date, so maybe that's the end of June orientation date. It says it's not mandatory, but recommended, so your choice. I would call or email the Portland consulate. I don't think you would seem like a pain in the ass as it actually pertains to something important like buying plane tickets. Plus bugging them won't hurt your chances anymore, you're in! :wink: Have fun in New York!