PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon ES Romanji Chart

Lianwen
April 22nd, 2014, 13:56
I thought I'd share this. It's not much, but it's been helpful for my 5th years and they really enjoyed it. It could also use some edits, I realize, but I figured it's a start.

McDonald's released a Pokemon Romanji Chart with their Pokemon Calendar last year and I really wanted to use it =3

Ini
April 22nd, 2014, 15:41
well its ok i guess. Clearly designed for 3rd grade Japanese classes. I see someone has done a piss poor photoshop job on that picture to try and change it to hepburn. Its a cute idea, you could spend an afternoon on google images and probably knock up something similar using hepburn in the correct font and dropping that circumflex rubbish.

Gizmotech
April 24th, 2014, 13:18
Cute. Not sure it needs a grade level, cuz I could see younger kids using this. I agree with INI that you should replace gogoto with gougouto instead. Also, it's romaji, not romanji

Lianwen
April 25th, 2014, 09:05
Thanks, guys. I honestly didn't work that hard on it, but I don't like the chart Hi Friend's uses (with the si/ti etc spellings) and not a lot of the kids can see it from where they are sitting. I'm trying to move the kids away from the carrots/long vowel markers this year too. This is the first school year I've been able to get the classes I've had so far (5th & 6th years) to write without them (vowel markers, etc), too.

I'll try working on it this weekend to improve it :) I just had this on hand and it's so new (almost all my kids follow the cartoon). Any other improvements you think I should make, I'd appreciate it =3

Oops, and sorry about the romaji/romanji. It wasn't an error, really, but more of an Engrish mistake. b