PDA

View Full Version : SHS English Club Skype sessions!

Gizmotech
May 9th, 2014, 16:04
Hi team!

I have an idea. It's a great idea. It's a FANTASTIC idea. It's a pretty simple idea.

Sit two SHS English clubs down, and get them to cross interview each other, in English. If a real conversation breaks out in English, even better.

It's usually for an hour session, after school during club time. The kids get the opportunity to practice their listening and speaking, and (assuming the internet behaves) they get to see and interact with kids from another part of the country.

Right now, I'm looking for an English Club to interview for June 4-5 or 11-12. I will provide the basic format, and I encourage your students to make their own questions, which are appropriate for their level.

I have done this with Hunterofpeace and Jiggit from this forum, and I would like to add others if people are interested. Let me know....

Jiggit
May 9th, 2014, 16:41
If no-one else wants to I might be able to do 11-12th. I have a bunch of new kids who are actually quite a bit better than last time.

ihatefall
May 9th, 2014, 16:53
That is a great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gizmotech
May 9th, 2014, 17:09
If no-one else wants to I might be able to do 11-12th. I have a bunch of new kids who are actually quite a bit better than last time.

I am losing my third years in late june, so after that if the first years are still keen then absolutely.