PDA

View Full Version : A date for the alternate's diary?

Pandilex
April 19th, 2005, 08:47
Well, the deadline for replies "Do you want to be an alternate?" is approaching, and I can guess it was the same date for "Yes I accept being short-listed".

So theoretically the day after that, they will have X people who replied and said "actually I can't do JET", meaning the next few days they will start contacting alternates...?

Ini
April 19th, 2005, 09:17
Is it me or is the air ripe with desperation today

simmegami
April 19th, 2005, 09:30
San Francisco has already started to contact alternates. The consulate called me today to tell me I was upgraded. I haven’t even sent in my alternate reply form yet.

nicklad
April 19th, 2005, 09:35
Congratulations.

Shotokai
April 19th, 2005, 12:39
wow that's great news, well done. I work with an ALT who was an alternate and she said the only bummer was finding out last minute in some cases, but she thought that a lot of alternates get upgraded.
many people drop out, leave Japan at the drop of a hat etc...there is definately hope.

fenyx66
April 19th, 2005, 12:49
yeah, I was an alternate and it sucked a lot, but when you finally hear on August 12 that you are getting to go, even after all the orientations are over and everyone else is settled in, there is such a huge relief. Let us know if you get short-listed. Good luck.

Pandilex
April 19th, 2005, 18:05
Is it me or is the air ripe with desperation today

noob

Ini
April 19th, 2005, 18:54
cuntfaced shit eater - hey i like this game

Fyrey
April 19th, 2005, 19:02
No no Ini, admit it. Pandi got the thread knockout on that one.

[/ready for puerile retaliation]

Ini
April 19th, 2005, 19:03
As i said to the judge "I admit nothing"